This Vegan Fresh Herb and Tahini Pesto is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 8 clean, real food ingredients. It's a perfect plant-based staple recipe that can be used for so many dishes and is ready to enjoy in about 5 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Versatile Plant-Based Staple Recipe - Perfect as a dip, a spread, on pizza or even as a pasta sauce!
- Can Be Made In 5 Minutes - Simply add all the ingredients to a food processor to process and it's ready to enjoy!
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense and healthy ingredients such as parsley, cilantro, mint, tahini, avocado oil, lemon juice, garlic, and Himalayan pink salt.
You can feel good about making my healthy plant-based recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, alkaline, lectin-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you how easy it is with step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Add All Ingredients To A Food Processor
Firstly, add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until it's well combined.
Step 2: Adjust The Seasonings
Secondly, taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Step 3: How To Store
Lastly, store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Parsley + Cilantro + Mint: The intense flavor of this recipe comes from fresh herbs so I do not recommend using dried herbs.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice will give the best flavor and nutrients since it hasn't been pasteurized, but you could also use store-bought organic lemon juice.
Avocado Oil: Can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil.
Garlic: As with the fresh herbs, I would use fresh garlic and not garlic powder for the best flavor.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (1) cup of pesto. Nutritional information is calculated for 1/4 cup which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dip Recipes?
Check out these:
- Spinach and Avocado Dip
- Healthy Artichoke Dip
- Pineapple Guacamole
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Vegan Fresh Herb and Tahini Pesto
- 1 cup organic parsley leaves
- 1 cup organic fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon organic mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons organic tahini
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until it is well blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.