This Clean Eating Pineapple Guacamole is a nice change from traditional guacamole because it has a slightly sweet taste from the pineapple mixed in with a little heat from the jalapeno.
But, if you want just a basic guacamole, make sure you try out my Classic Guacamole recipe which is really good too.
The great thing about homemade guacamole is not only does it cost much less to make at home, but it is super easy to make.
Guacamole is very versatile and can be used with chips, crackers, veggies, in wraps, on sandwiches, on nachos and so much more!
However you make it, just make sure you make it fresh, from real whole ingredients.
Take a look at the 22 ingredients in one of these store bought “guacamole” seasoning packets:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) McCormick Guacamole Seasoning Mix
Ingredients: MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, ONIONS, MILK NON FAT DRY, TAPIOCA STARCH MODIFIED, PEPPERS BELL RED, SOUR CREAM SOLIDS (CREAM, MILK NON FAT DRY, AND CULTURES) GARLIC, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, MILK NON FAT DRY CULTURED, LEMONS JUICE SOLIDS, PARSLEY, LACTIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, PEPPERS RED EXTRACTIVES AND FLAVORS NATURAL (source)
FoodFacts.com rating: “C -”
That’s a lot of dairy ingredients, GMO’s, processed salt and preservatives.
It’s a whole lot easier, and healthier, to just season it with a few simple and fresh ingredients like cilantro, garlic, and onions.
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out Clean Eating Smoky Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus, Field of Greens Zucchini Hummus, Spicy Balsamic Vinegar Salsa or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Pineapples:*
- improves heart and circulatory health
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- immune booster
- super high in bromelain
- rich in complex B vitamins and vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Jalapenos:*
- excellent antioxidant
- thermogenic food
- anti-inflammatory agent
- high in vitamins A and C
- contains anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: This recipe will make approximately 1 – 2 servings.
Tip #2: Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your preference, especially the jalapenos and Himalayan pink salt.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.