Here is a Clean Eating Healthy Artichoke Dip using clean ingredients and it’s also vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
You don’t have to sacrifice the tangy flavor of artichokes and the creaminess the chickpeas add for a unhealthy version.
This one is made with clean ingredients you probably already have at home and it can be ready in just a few minutes using a Vitamix or other blender.
Here are the typical ingredients in a traditional artichoke recipe:
S.A.D. (Standard America Diet) Traditional Artichoke Dip Ingredients:
Ingredients: 1 block cream cheese, 2 cups mayonnaise, 1 can artichoke hearts, 2 green onions, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
It’s basically cheese, cheese, cheese and mayonnaise.
This healthier version is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and you have control over the quality of ingredients that are used.
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out my Healthy Party Dip Roundup, Spicy Balsamic Vinegar Salsa, Pineapple Guacamole or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Artichokes:*
- super high levels of anti-oxidants
- one medium artichoke contains 10 g of fiber
- excellent anti-inflammatory food
- good source of magnesium, potassium and phosphate
- contains high levels of folic acid (17% RDA)
5 Fast Facts About Chickpeas:*
- excellent source of fiber
- good source of protein
- can help lower cholesterol
- provides better regulation of blood sugar
- can help decrease cardiovascular risks
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial propeties
5 Fast Facts About Extra Virgin Olive Oil:*
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I added nutritional yeast to the original recipe to give it a little bit of a “cheesy” flavor. Feel free to add more if you’d like.
Tip: 2: I added the lemon juice to it (which was optional in the original recipe) because I love the tangy flavor it adds and thought it was perfect, but it might be too much combined with the artichokes if you aren’t a big fan of lemon/tangy and may want to leave it out.
Tip #3: I substituted chickpeas for great northern beans/cannelloni beans but you use those if you prefer.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.