Here's Why This Recipe Works
Here's why this recipe works - my top 3 reasons:
- Ready In About 5 Minutes - This amazing Raw Vegan Spinach and Avocado Dip is ready in about 5 minutes using only a food processor and is so fresh and vibrant! There's just nothing else like eating live food and the way it makes you feel afterward.
- A Versatile Plant-Based Recipe - It's perfect as a dip with grain-free chips or fresh veggies, as a spread in a wrap or grain-free bread, mixed with salad greens, and even with raw crackers or my Raw Corn Chips recipe.
- Made With Only 6 Clean, Real Food Ingredients - It's made with a few basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand and are fresh and nutrient-dense.
I usually make this when I want a savory snack and I have extra avocados or spinach that I need to make with something before they go bad.
However, when I have extra avocados and I want a sweet snack, I will make these Flourless Fudgy Chocolate Avocado Cookies.
Never a reason to let an avocado go to waste 🙂
My healthy plant-based recipe is not only quick and easy to make but also organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, lectin-free, oil-free, no-cook, alkaline, paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Baby Spinach: When measuring the spinach, make sure you use (5) packed cups.
Onion: I used white onions in this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite variety or whatever you have on hand. I do not recommend using a sweet onion since this is a savory recipe.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice will give the best flavor and nutrients since it hasn't been pasteurized, but you can also use store-bought organic lemon juice.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately 1 1/2 cups of dip. Nutritional information is for 1/4 cup which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dip Recipes?
Check out these:
- Healthy Party Dip Roundup
- Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip
- Cilantro and Lime Salsa
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Raw Vegan Spinach and Avocado Dip
- 5 cups organic baby spinach (packed)
- 1 organic avocado
- 1/4 cup organic onion
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process on HIGH until the mixture is well combined. You may need to stop halfway through and scrape the sides to help it along.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.