These Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Potatoes are a nice side dish that’s really easy to make and they are vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly* too!
They take only a few minutes of preparation and are ready in about 30 minutes or so.
But you may be wondering…what are “fingerling” potatoes?
They are cute little miniature potatoes and can be described as small, narrow and about the size of a quarter when sliced.
Basically, they taste just like regular potatoes but are in a fun shape!
*Here’s a really nice article from Primal Palate that describes why they include potatoes in their paleo-friendly guidelines.
5 Fast Facts About Potatoes:
- one potato contains 16% dv of fiber
- one potato contains 39% of vitamin B6
- good source of zinc, copper and magnesium
- contains more potassium than a banana
- 20% of a potatoes nutrients are in it’s skin
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Shallots:
- 1 cup contains 24% dv of iron
- good source of fiber
- 1 cup contains 11% potassium
- contains more antioxidants than onions
- contains 10% dv of folate
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Tip #1: You can substitute the fingerling potatoes with regular potatoes…just peel and cube/slice approximately 4 cups.
Tip #2: You can substitute the shallots with diced onions.
Tip #3: This recipe will make 1 – 2 servings so if you need more, just double/triple the recipe.