These Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Potatoes are a nice side dish that’s really easy to make and they are vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly* too!
They take only a few minutes of preparation and are ready in about 30 minutes or so.
But you may be wondering…what are “fingerling” potatoes?
They are cute little miniature potatoes and can be described as small, narrow and about the size of a quarter when sliced.
Basically, they taste just like regular potatoes but are in a fun shape!
*Here’s a really nice article from Primal Palate that describes why they include potatoes in their paleo-friendly guidelines.
Want more healthy side dish recipes? Check out Roasted Smashed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce, Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes, Rosemary and Garlic Maple Glazed Carrots or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Potatoes:*
- one potato contains 16% dv of fiber
- one potato contains 39% of vitamin B6
- good source of zinc, copper and magnesium
- contains more potassium than a banana
- 20% of a potatoes nutrients are in it’s skin
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Shallots:*
- 1 cup contains 24% dv of iron
- good source of fiber
- 1 cup contains 11% potassium
- contains more antioxidants than onions
- contains 10% dv of folate
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: You can substitute the fingerling potatoes with regular potatoes…just peel and cube/slice approximately 4 cups.
Tip #2: You can substitute the shallots with diced onions.
Tip #3: This recipe will make 1 – 2 servings so if you need more, just double/triple the recipe.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.