These Gluten-Free Vegan Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Roasted Potatoes are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients. They're a perfect plant-based side dish that's ready to enjoy in about 30 minutes!
Gluten-Free Vegan Garlic and Shallot Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
These roasted fingerling potatoes take only a few minutes of preparation and are ready in about 30 minutes or so.
But you may be wondering...what are "fingerling" potatoes?
They are cute little miniature potatoes and can be described as small, narrow and about the size of a quarter when sliced.
Basically, they taste just like regular potatoes but are in a fun shape!
*Here's a really nice article from Primal Palate that describes why they include potatoes in their paleo-friendly guidelines.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions For Garlic and Shallot Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Potatoes. You can substitute the fingerling potatoes with regular potatoes...just peel and cube/slice approximately 4 cups.
Shallots. They can be substituted with diced onions of your favorite variety. However, I wouldn't recommend a sweet onion since this is a savory recipe.
Avocado Oil. You can use organic extra-virgin olive oil as a substitution.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference, however, you can always substitute with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Side Dish Recipes?
Check out these:
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce
- Spicy Turmeric Twice Baked Potatoes
- Rosemary and Garlic Maple Glazed Carrots
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75 plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Garlic and Shallot Fingerling Potatoes
- 4 cups organic fingerling potatoes (approximately 18 potatoes, sliced thin)
For the seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure avocado oil
- 6 cloves organic garlic freshly crushed)
- 2 tablespoons organic shallot (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare the potatoes:
- Slice the potatoes into thin slices, leaving the skins on then set aside.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all the ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Add the sliced potatoes and seasoning mixture to a large mixing bowl and toss until the seasoning is evenly distributed all pieces are coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until they are soft and tender, tossing them halfway through.
- Best when served hot from the oven.
- Optional: garnish with chopped parsley.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.