In honor of my birthday today, I made myself a raw cheesecake. So the search for the perfect recipe began. The only three criteria I had were 1) chocolate 2) cheesecake and 3) raw.
So why did I choose this particular raw chocolate cheesecake recipe over the dozens I found on the internet? It’s simple….this one is TRIPLE chocolate!
It’s three layers of chocolate bliss…chocolate crust, chocolate cheesecake and a chocolate topping.
A traditional chocolate cheesecake can be loaded with unhealthy ingredients and empty calories.
Here is an ingredient list from Martha Stewart’s Triple Chocolate Cheesecake recipe:
- For the cheesecake: 1 pkg of chocolate wafer cookies, 6 tbs butter, (4) 8 ounce bars of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of refined sugar, 1/2 tsp refined salt, 4 large eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
- For the ganache topping: 1/4 cup heavy cream, 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
And don’t forget the 30 minute prep time, and 2 hours and 30 minutes + chill time before you can even eat it.
This version has heart-healthy nuts, coconut oil, natural sweeteners and raw cacao… all of which are good for you.
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Honey:
- contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- contains immune boosting anti-viral properties
- super high in B vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6
- contains natural anti-oxidants that block free radicals
- high in minerals magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Pecans:
- contains naturally occurring anti-oxidants
- helps to lower cholesterol
- high quality source of protein
- contains more 19 vitamins and minerals
- excellent source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Pink Himalayan Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door, and you’ll be supporting The Healthy Family and Home website at the same time!
Tip #1: You can convert this to a 100% vegan recipe by substituting the sweetener with organic maple syrup or your favorite vegan liquid sweetener.
Tip #2: This recipe makes 12 mini cheesecake servings using this mini cheesecake pan.