These Cacao Nib Superfood Truffles are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 8 clean, real food ingredients. They're the perfect plant-based snack or post-workout treat that can be prepared in under 10 minutes and includes three different nutrient-dense superfoods!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's Made With 3 Nutrient-Dense Superfoods
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-bake, paleo-friendly, and contains no refined sugar.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Cashew Butter: Optional: Make your own homemade cashew butter! Add 3 cups of cashews to a food processor and process until they turn into a creamy nut butter texture. This will take between 5-10 minutes so stop every couple of minutes to scrape the sides of the food processor keep going until it gets creamy.
In addition, the cashew butter can be substituted with another neutral-flavored nut butter such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
Beet Juice Powder: This is a great recipe to make when you have freshly juiced organic beet juice - just add (1) tablespoon freshly juiced beets as a substitute, or even omit this ingredient if you prefer.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Coconut Flour: I added this ingredient to firm the mixture so it would hold a ball shape. If the mixture won't hold a ball shape, depending on the consistency of the nut butter you use, add (1) extra teaspoon of coconut flour at a time until the mixture thickens, but only as needed. Too much coconut flour will make the mixture too dry.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (12) small truffles. Nutritional information is for (1) truffles which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Truffle and Ball Recipes?
Check out these:
- Crunchy Raw Protein Balls
- Pistachio Sesame Seed Balls
- Matcha Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Cacao Nib Superfood Truffles
For the truffles:
For the add-in:
- 1/2 cup organic cacao nibs
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the truffles:
- Add all ingredients for the truffles to a food processor and process until everything is well combined. Depending on the consistency of nut butter you use, you made need to add a little extra coconut flour to firm the mixture. Add (1) extra teaspoon at a time until the mixture is firm enough to hold a ball shape, but only as needed or the balls will be too dry.
Add the add-in:
- Remove the blade of the food processor, add the cacao nibs, and gently stir them in.
- Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze the mixture tightly in your fist several times until it is compact, then shape it into a ball shape with your fingertips.
- Place the truffles onto the prepared cookie sheet then transfer it to the freezer for approximately 15-30 minutes, or until the firm.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve because they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.