Today I have a non-dairy, vegan Clean Eating Spinach Pesto recipe for you that only has 6 clean ingredients.
There are many different varieties of pesto you can make, like my Fresh Herb and Tahini Pesto or this Raw Vegan Red Pepper Basil Creamy Pine Nut Pesto, but I had a lot of extra spinach I needed to use so I made this version with spinach.
It’s really easy to make with a Vitamix and is ready in a matter of minutes.
I used to buy the organic powdered pesto sauce, but after looking more closely at the ingredients, I knew making it fresh with real ingredients was better so that’s what I’ve been doing ever since.
Here’s the ingredient list in a packet of Simply Organic Sweet Basil Pesto Seasoning Mix:
Simply Organic Sweet Basil Pesto Seasoning Mix:
Ingredients: Organic Basil, Organic Potato Starch, Organic Maltodextrin, Sea Salt, Organic Garlic, Citric Acid, Organic Black Pepper, Silicon Dioxide
When you make your own pesto from scratch, you can avoid the added maltodextrin, citric acid and silicon dioxide.
This clean eating pesto version is perfect to use with my Cherry Tomato and Spinach Pesto recipe, on my Gluten-Free Pesto Pizza recipe (in my eCookbook), mixed in with some fresh zucchini pasta or even as a dip.
And, it’s raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free and paleo-friendly too!
Want more healthy dip recipes? Check out Smoked Paprika Habanero Sauce, Clean Eating Cranberry Sauce, Creamy Mushroom Sauce, or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Spinach:*
- boosts immune system
- normalizes cholesterol
- rich protein content with 50 -70% protein by weight
- same calcium, phosphorus and magnesium content as milk
- contains all essential amino acids
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Clean Eating Vegan Spinach Pesto
Yield 1 cup
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until everything is well combined. Note: I used a Vitamix Professional 750 Series with a wet container and blended starting at speed 1 then slowly moving to speed 10, then slowly back to speed 1 (just long enough to chop the nuts and get it to a puree-type texture).
- Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Clean Eating Vegan Spinach Pesto" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!