These Fluffy Vegan Pancakes are an easy breakfast to make and are light, fluffy and golden. This is the perfect plant-based recipe that is dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free and contains no refined sugar.
Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
I have several pancake recipes that I rotate through, but this was the very first one I ever made.
These plant-based pancakes are thick and fluffy and they will not disappoint.
There's just something special about Saturday mornings and pancakes. The two go hand in hand.
My boys would eat them every morning for breakfast but if they did, they wouldn't be so special anymore.
They have topped them with everything from maple syrup, powdered sugar, blueberries, strawberries, vegan chocolate chips and will even eat them plain.
If you are looking for a little variety from just plain pancakes, try these Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes...they are delicious!
Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
For the "buttermilk":
- 3/4 cups homemade almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons organic unrefined granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the wet ingredients:
- 1 organic banana (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- Preheat a non-toxic skillet on low/medium heat.
Prepare the "buttermilk":
- Add all ingredients for the "buttermilk" to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside while you prepare the pancake batter.
Prepare the pancake batter:
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Re-stir the "buttermilk" mixture then add it to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the mashed banana to the large mixing bowl.
- Stir everything together until everything is well combined and there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Allow the pancake batter to sit/rest for 10 minutes before making the pancakes.
- Add a touch of coconut oil to the bottom of the preheated skillet and spread it evenly on the bottom.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter for each pancake onto the skillet.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden brown, flipping the pancakes over once they start to form "bubbles" in the middle.
- Serve plain, with fresh fruit or organic maple syrup.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.