These Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Crispy Treats are really easy to make and will be a favorite if you love the tart and tangy flavor of raspberries mixed with chocolate.
I used organic freeze-dried raspberries because they were easier to mix in and held together in the mixture better, as opposed to using fresh or frozen raspberries.
And, they are extra-tart too!
Traditional store-bought (and even homemade) crispy treats have horrible ingredient lists which normally include butter and marshmallows.
Here’s the ingredient list for a similar store-bought boxed brand:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Rice Krispies Treats Crispy Marshmallow Square, Double Chocolaty Chunk: Ingredients: Rice Cereal(Rice, Sugar, Salt, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Malt Flavoring, Niacinamide, Reduced Iron, Riboflavin [Vitamin B2], Folic Acid), Marshmallow (Corn Syrup, Sugar, Gelatin, Natural and Artificial Flavor), Sugar, Margarine (Vegetable Oil [Soybean, Palm, and Palm Kernel Oil with TBHQ for Freshness], Water, Acetylated Monoglycerides , Datem, BHT [Preservative], Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D), Fructose, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil with Sorbitan Tristearate (Less Than 0.5 g Trans Fat per Serving), Invert Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Corn Syrup Solids, Contains Two Percent Or Less of Nonfat Dry Milk, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Whey, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Polysorbate 60, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)
They contain GMO ingredients including high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, sugar, corn syrup solids, maltodextrin, soybean oil, soy lecithin, etc. plus refined white sugar, refined white salt, preservatives, and artificial flavors. And, if you’re following a vegan diet, it also contains gelatin (an animal product).
And don’t think it’s any better by making traditional “homemade” crispy treats. You may not have the extra GMO’s, preservatives and artificial flavors, but you still have a long list of bad ingredients:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Homemade Rice Crispy Treats:
Ingredients (Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Cereal): Rice, Sugar, Contains 2% or Less of Salt, Malt Flavor, BHT Added to Packaging for Freshness, Vitamins, and Minerals: Iron, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamin Hydrochloride), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D
Ingredients (Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows): Corn Syrup, Sugar, Corn Starch Modified, Water, Gelatin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Flavors(s), Artificial, Color(s), Artificial (Blue1)
My healthier version contains clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and contains no refined sugars.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Clean Eating Chocolate Chip and Sweet Potato Bars
- Clean Eating Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Crispy Treats
Yield 16 squares
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / No-Cook / No Refined Sugar
- Add the brown rice cereal to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cacao powder to a small saucepan and melt everything together on low heat, stirring until it's well combined.
- Pour the cashew butter mixture over the brown rice cereal and gently stir until it's evenly distributed and the brown rice cereal is completely covered.
- Add the freeze-dried raspberries and gently stir them in, taking care not to break them up too much.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper then put the dish in the freezer for approximately 1-2 hours, or until they harden.
- Remove from the freezer and leave out on the counter top for about 5-10 minutes prior to cutting and serving.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve because they will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Crispy Treat Squares" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.