This Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Chia Seed Overnight Oats Parfait is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based breakfast that can be prepared in about 5 minutes and can be meal prepped in advance or enjoyed the same day!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It Can Be Prepared In About 5 Minutes
- It's The Perfect Meal-Prep Breakfast For Busy Mornings
- Made With Only 6 Clean, Real Food Ingredients
This Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Chia Seed Overnight Oats Parfait recipe is a perfect way to use summer strawberries for a healthy breakfast treat.
If you've never heard of "overnight oats" they are a Pinterest sensation and for good reason!
They're an easy, make-ahead breakfast that has all the goodness a regular, plain bowl of oatmeal has to offer.
But you don't have to settle for a boring bowl of plain oatmeal...this layered cup of goodness contains fresh strawberries and chia seeds to give it extra nutrition.
Preparation takes about 5 minutes making it the perfect grab-and-go morning treat that will keep you satisfied.
All you have to do it mix the oats and strawberries in separate bowls, layer them in a mason jar, and put them in the refrigerator overnight and breakfast is ready to go!
Traditional overnight oat recipes usually aren't vegan because they contain some variation of yogurt, but this vegan-friendly recipe needs only 5 clean, real food ingredients.
This healthy breakfast option is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, contains no refined sugar, and is Medical Medium® compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Oats: I used gluten-free quick-rolled oats for this recipe, and haven't tested it using another type of oats.
Homemade Almond Milk: This is the milk of my preference, however, you can always use your favorite non-dairy milk. Another great option is JOI Organic Almond Milk made with 100% organic almonds.
Maple Syrup: This can be substituted with organic date syrup, organic date nectar, or even organic coconut sugar. The recipe isn't overly sweet, so feel free to increase/adjust the amount of sweetener to your preference.
Strawberries: You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries, just make sure they are diced very small. In addition, you can change the fruit by using organic wild blueberries, organic peaches, organic raspberries, organic blackberries, organic mango, etc.
Coconut Sugar: This can be substituted with organic maple syrup, organic date syrup, or organic coconut nectar. Feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener to your preference.
Chia Seeds: I added this ingredient to increase the nutritional profile, but they can be omitted if you prefer.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (2) cups. Nutritional information is for (1) cup which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes?
Check out these:
- Raspberry Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Pumpkin Spice and Pecan Granola
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Chia Seed Overnight Oats Parfait
For the oats:
- 1 cup organic gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
For the strawberry mixture:
- 1 cup organic strawberries (diced)
- 1-2 teaspoons organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic chia seeds
Prepare the oats:
- Add all the ingredients for the oats to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Adjust the sweetener to your preference, then set aside.
Prepare the strawberry mixture:
- Add all the ingredients for the strawberry mixture to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- Add 1/4 the oat mixture to the bottom of 2 small glass mason jars, then add 1/4 the strawberry mixture on top.
- Add another 1/4 cup of the oat mixture on top of the strawberry mixture, then another 1/4 cup of the strawberry mixture on top of the oats.
- Cover the mason jar with the lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.