These Goji Berry and Hazelnut Cacao Truffles are a spin off from the Cacao and Walnut Holiday Truffle recipe I shared a couple of months ago.
While the holiday truffle recipe was rolled in crushed goji berries, raw cane sugar and crushed pistachios for the colors of the season, these are just rolled in crushed goji berries which makes them perfect for a St. Valentine’s Day treat.
And since I had some crushed hazelnuts left over from my Hazelnut Caramel Clusters recipe, I used them instead of walnuts and added a few other changes like goji berries, maca powder and a little bit of coconut oil.
So here you have a quick and easy, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, no bake and no refined sugar treat to enjoy!
Want more healthy truffle and ball recipes? Check out Cacao Nib Superfood Truffles, Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls, Pistachio and Matcha Truffles or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating truffle and ball recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Hazelnuts:*
- one cup contains 86% RDA of vitamin E
- rich in heart healthy unsaturated fats
- super high in B-vitamins: B1, B3, B5, B6 and B9
- one ounce has 2.7 g of dietary fiber
- one serving contains 90% RDA of manganese and 65% RDA of copper
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Goji Berries:*
- high concentration of anti-oxidants
- contains 21 trace minerals
- contains 18 amino acids
- high in essential fatty acids
- contains 13% more protein than whole wheat
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:*
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Tip #1: The first time I used crushed goji berries I made them in the food processor and they really didn’t come out uniformly crushed. This time, I used my coffee grinder that I used to ground flax seeds and it made more of a powdery consistency and made it easier to roll and stick to the truffles.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.