This Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice and Pecan Granola is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect crunchy, golden plant-based granola breakfast made with only 7 ingredients and has all the flavors of Fall!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 reasons:
- It's Healthier Than Store-Bought Cereal
- Can Be Prepared In About 10 Minutes
- Made With Only 7 Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, contains no refined sugar, and is Medical Medium compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Oats: I used gluten-free "quick rolled" oats and haven't tested the recipe using another variety of oats.
Pecans: The pecans will be added and tossed in after the granola has baked in the oven.
Brown Rice Syrup: I chose to use brown rice syrup because it's thicker but it could also be substituted with organic maple syrup.
Coconut Oil: If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell. In addition, when the granola comes out of the oven, the coconut oil will still be in a somewhat liquid state. Once you allow the granola to cool off completely, the coconut oil will change into a more solid-state and is what will hold the granola into clusters so it's important to allow it to cool completely.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: My preferred brand of pumpkin spice is Primal Palate brand because it's organic, but you can use your favorite brand.
Vanilla Bean Powder: This can be substituted with organic pure vanilla extract in the same amount.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (3) cups of granola. Nutritional information is for 1/2 cup which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes?
Check out these:
- Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- Coconut and Pecan Granola with Goji Berries
- Vegan Coconut Oil Biscuits
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! : )
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice and Pecan Granola
For the granola:
- 3 cups organic gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 6 tablespoons organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 4 teaspoons Primal Palate Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons organic ground vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the add-in:
- 1/2 cup organic pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the granola:
- Add all ingredients for the granola to a large bowl and using your hands, squeeze everything together to make sure all ingredients are well combined and evenly distributed.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared cookie sheet, taking care not to break up the granola into small pieces; this will allow it to bake into large cluster pieces which you can break apart after it's baked, if you prefer.
- Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes, or until it becomes slightly crispy, but making sure you don't over bake it.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool; it will get crispier after it cools.
Add the add-in:
- Transfer the cooled granola to a large bowl, add the pecans and gently toss until they are mixed in well.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.