These Raw Vegan Lectin-Free Cacao Almond Balls are ready in less than 5 minutes and are made with nutrient-dense ingredients to keep you satisfied.
When I make a snack, I try to get as many nutrients in a snack in the most tasty way possible and these healthy almond balls are the perfect example.
I came up with the idea to make these because they include some of the same ingredients I use for my smoothies, so I decided to use them to make balls instead.
They are a great source of protein to keep you satisfied… just a 1/4 cup of almonds has 8 grams of raw, vegan protein and not only does this recipe have 1 cup of almonds, but 1/2 cup of almond butter and 1/4 cup of almond flour.
The hemp seed oil provides a healthy dose of omega-3 and omega-6 fats and you also have the maca powder and raw cacao superfoods to make this a nutrient-dense snack.
This would be a good recipe to use with homemade almond butter and you can even use your favorite liquid sweetener of choice.
You can feel good about making this recipe because it’s made with clean, real food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, no-bake, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy ball and truffle recipes? Check out Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls, Pistachio Sesame Seed Balls, Vegan Chocolate Fudge Truffles or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating ball and truffle recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of raw, vegan protein
- help regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- high in antioxidants
- can reduce the risk of heart disease
5 Fast Facts About Maca Powder:
- increases stamina
- beneficial to the the circulatory system
- can regulate hormonal imbalances
- acts as an anti-carcinogen and anti-oxidant
- enhances memory, learning and mental ability
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seed Oil:
- raw, organic, unrefined
- contains ideal omega-6 to omega-3 ratios
- contains super omega-3 which helps to metabolize fats
- 500 mg of omega-6 GLA per tablespoon
- 250 mg of omega-3 SDA per tablespoon
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:
- contains over 300 compounds: including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that acts as anti-depressants
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Date Nectar:
- 25% less sugar than honey
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, paleo
- organic + non-GMO
- great source of antioxidants
- made with organic California dates
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: This is not an overly sweet dessert and since I don’t like my desserts very sweet, I only added 1 tablespoon of sweetener. If you prefer them a little sweeter, just add another tablespoon of the sweetener of your choice.
Tip #2: If you don’t have or can’t find organic maca powder, you can just omit it. I only added it to increase the nutritional profile.
Tip #3: If you don’t have or can’t find organic hemp oil, you can substitute it with organic coconut oil.
Raw Vegan Cacao Almond Balls
Yield 12 - 14 small balls
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / No-Bake / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until everything is well combined and it has a thick paste-type consistency. Do not over process the almonds, they should be in tiny pieces.
- Adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- Take out a spoonful at a time and roll it between the palms of your hands to make a ball shape.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve to keep them firm.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Raw Cacao Almond Balls" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!