These Gluten-Free Vegan Hemp Seed Bars with Chocolate Drizzle are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 8 clean, real food ingredients. They are the perfect plant-based no-bake dessert that can be prepared in under 10 minutes!
These addictive Raw Hemp Seed Bars with Cacao Drizzle are a wholesome, nutrient-dense snack alternative to traditional granola bars.
One of the great things about hemp seeds is their nutty flavor and combined with the crushed almonds, it's an excellent source of vegan protein.
They are really simple to make in less than 5 minutes and is just a matter of putting everything into a food processor…then trying to be patient while they firm up in the freezer.
Not only can they be made either raw or vegan just by changing the sweetener, but you can also make them with or without the cacao drizzle - which I think makes them a little more special.
I like to eat these for breakfast sometimes as an alternative to a smoothie and they definitely keep me satisfied for a while.
Best of all, my boys ~love~ them so they are official "kid-approved" in my home and are a nutrient-dense, healthy snack everyone in the family will enjoy!
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Almonds. You can substitute with your favorite nut, such as walnuts, pecans, cashews, etc.
Maple Syrup. This can be substituted with your favorite liquid sweetener. For example, organic date nectar, organic coconut nectar or organic brown rice syrup.
Raw Cacao Powder. It can be substituted with regular cocoa powder, in the same amount.
Vanilla Bean Powder. It can be substituted with organic pure vanilla extract, in the same amount.
Coconut Oil. If you don't like the taste or smell of coconut oil, use organic refined coconut oil which has zero coconut taste or smell.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size. This recipe will make either (16) squares or (8) large bars.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Raw Hemp and Chia Seed Bars
- Almond Power Bars
- No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook made with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!.
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Hemp Seed Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
For the bars:
- 2 cups organic almonds
- 1 1/2 cups organic hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the chocolate drizzle*:
- 2 tablespoons organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the chocolate drizzle:
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate drizzle to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined and smooth, then set aside.
Prepare the bars:
- Add all the ingredients for the bars to a food processor and process until well combined. The mixture should be wet and crumbly.
- Transfer the bar mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly with your fingers.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate evenly over the top of the bars.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for approximately 15-30 minutes, or until hardened and firm.
- When ready to serve, cut into either squares or bars.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the freezer until ready to serve because they will lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.