This Raw Vegan Zucchini Hummus is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 7 clean, real food ingredients. It's a plant-based dip that's made without chickpeas and is ready to enjoy in about 5 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Made Without Chickpeas - Finding a hummus recipe made without chickpeas can be challenging, but this recipe is made with fresh summer zucchini!
- Ready In Under 5 Minutes - It can be made in a manner of minutes with a Vitamix or even a good food processor.
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - It's made with only 7 clean ingredients such as zucchini, tahini, sesame seeds, lemon, ground cumin, avocado oil, and Himalayan pink salt.
Serve it with cucumbers, slices of red bell peppers or even gluten-free crackers and this healthy dip and it will be gone in minutes!
This healthy plant-based recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you how easy it is with step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Prep The Zucchini
You'll need to take a quick minute to peel the zucchini and then cut it into cubes before adding it to your Vitamix.
Step 2: Prepare The Zucchini Hummus
The only other thing you need to do is add all the ingredients to your Vitamix and blend until everything is creamy and smooth.
Take a taste and adjust the seasonings if you prefer.
Step 3: Store The Zucchini Hummus
Store your hummus in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
I like to use a glass mason jar to store mine in but any non-toxic storage container will work.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Zucchini. As mentioned earlier, you want to peel the zucchini before adding them to your Vitamix. Also, cutting them into small pieces, like a cube shape, will help them blend easier.
Tahini. I love to make homemade tahini and you can too in about 5 minutes using just a food processor. If you're in a hurry or don't want to make homemade tahini, you can always use organic store-bought tahini.
Lemon Juice. Using freshly squeezed lemon juice will give you a more intense lemon flavor and nutrients, but you can also use an organic store-bought lemon juice.
Avocado Oil. This is my healthy oil of preference, but you can substitute it with organic extra-virgin olive oil without affecting the flavor profile.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my preferred salt but you can always use sea salt as a substitution.
Vitamix. If you don't have a Vitamix, you should be able to make it in a regular blender or even a food processor since it's made with "soft" ingredients but I haven't tested it with either of those.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dip Recipes?
Check out these:
- Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip
- Healthy Artichoke Dip
- Healthy Party Dips Roundup
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with over 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
If so, I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Raw Vegan Zucchini Hummus Without Chickpeas
- 2 organic zucchini (peeled, cubed)
- 1/2 cup organic tahini
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.