They’re really simple to make and can be ready in about 3o minutes.
You can start preparing the filling and sauce while the zucchini are in the oven and then it only takes a few minutes to assemble them.
There are so many variations to use as the filling from Italian-style, Mexican-style, Greek-style, Santa Fe-style, Pizza-style and so on.
But they usually include meat and some type of cheese.
Here are some typical ingredients found in traditional zucchini boat recipes:
Typical Ingredients in Zucchini Boat Recipes:
Meat Ingredients: ground chicken, turkey, ground beef, pepperoni, chicken liver pate’ (yuck!), bacon, chorizo
Cheese Ingredients: mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese
These are made with a raw, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free filling and creamy sauce.
Want more healthy meal and entree recipes? Check out Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup, Spaghetti Squash with Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce, Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Zucchini:*
- low calorie food – 94% water
- high in manganese
- helps lower blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Paprika:*
- boosts blood circulation
- one teaspoon contains 20% DV of vitamin A
- aids digestion
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Lemons (Lemon Juice):*
- extremely alkaline
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door!
Tip #1: This recipe will make 1 – 2 servings and will have a little extra sauce left over. I like to also use it as a salad dressing or to drizzle over steamed broccoli.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.