Why, how about making some easy Raw Vegan Carrot and Flax Crackers that are grain-free, gluten-free and flourless!
I’ve been guilty on more than one occasion of either being in a hurry or just too lazy to do anything with my juice pulp other than throw it away.
But the last time I made fresh juice, I had a change of heart.
And, I found this yummy recipe for raw crackers that uses all that valuable carrot pulp.
So I just basically put everything in my Vitamix, added the seeds, stirred everything and then spread it out over a dehydrator tray and the next day…I’m good to go!
I made a fresh batch of my chickpea hummus (I didn’t sprout the chickpeas this time though) and enjoyed a healthy snack with my boys.
No more wasted pulp and a super nutritious snack as a bonus!
5 Fast Facts About Carrots:*
- helps improve eyesight
- can help prevent heart disease
- rich in antioxidants
- helps flush toxins from the body
- 1 cup contains 407.6% dv of vitamin A and 13.6% dv of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Tomatoes:*
- high in lycopenes (cancer-fighting agents)
- super high in beta-carotene
- excellent antioxidant
- high in vitamin K and A
- high in chromium
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:*
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benfits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids (700% more than salmon)
- contains easily digestible protein
- more antioxidants than flax seeds or blueberries
- 100% more essential amino acids than salmon
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
5 Fast Facts About Sesame Seeds:*
- high in calcium at 35% dv
- excellent antioxidant
- can help lower cholesterol
- reduces inflammation
- high in iron at 29% dv and copper at 73% dv
5 Fast Facts About Lemon Juice:*
- extremely alkaline
- excellent blood purifier
- great for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful antibacterial properties
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, The Healthy Family and Home website would receive a small commission. Thank you so much for your support!