These Gluten-Free Vegan Spicy Chipotle Cashews are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients. They can be prepped in about 5 minutes and are the perfect plant-based snack to keep on hand!
These Spicy Chipotle Cashews are a healthy plant-based snack option and really simple to make.
Gluten-Free Vegan Spicy Chipotle Cashews
Here's why this recipe works - my top 3 reasons:
- Customize with other types of nuts
- It can be prepped in about 5 minutes
- Made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients
Customize With Other Types Of Nuts
Although my favorite way to make this recipe is with cashews, you could substitute with another type of nut.
For example, almonds would work really well and pecans would be another great alternative.
It Can Be Prepped In About 5 Minutes
The prep time for this recipe is about 5 minutes, which includes making the seasoning.
After preparing the seasoning, simply toss the cashews with the seasoning then transfer them to a cookie sheet.
The baking time, which is also inactive time, is about 30-45 minutes.
Made With Only 6 Clean, Real Food Ingredients
There are a couple of concerns when buying store-bought seasoned nut snacks.
First, they can contain GMO ingredients like soybean oil and maltodextrin (derived from corn).
Second, they typically contain MSG, or monosodium glutamate and "natural flavors".
Let's look at the ingredient list for a store-bought brand:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Nut Harvest Spicy Cashews Ingredients: Cashews, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Cottonseed, And/Or Soybean Oil), Salt, Dextrose, Maltodextrin (Made From Corn), Spices, Yeast Extract, Monosodium Glutamate, Tomato Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Natural Flavor, Garlic Powder, And Paprika Extracts.
My healthier recipe is made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients like cashews, avocado oil, nutritional yeast, chipotle powder, garlic powder, and Himalayan pink salt.
In addition, it's plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, keto/low carb (9 net carbs per serving) and paleo-friendly.
How To Make Spicy Chipotle Cashews: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you with step-by-step instructions below.
Before beginning, preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 1: Prepare The Seasoning
Firstly, add all ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl, stir until well combined and set aside.
Step 2: Prep The Cashews
Secondly, add the cashews and avocado oil to a medium-size mixing bowl and toss until all the cashews are covered with the oil.
Step 3: Assembly
Thirdly, sprinkle the seasoning over the cashews and gently toss until it's evenly distributed.
Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Next, transfer the cashews to the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30-45 minutes, tossing them half-way through.
Keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
Step 4: How To Store The Cashews
Lastly, store the cashews in an air-tight BPA-free container at room temperature.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Snack Recipes?
Check out these:
- Cheezy Raw Kale Chips
- Superfood Fruit Nut and Seed Snack Mix
- Lemon Dill Zucchini Chips
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Spicy Chipotle Cashews
For the cashews:
- 1 cup organic raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon 100% pure avocado oil
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside.
Prepare the cashews:
- Add all ingredients for the cashews to a medium-size bowl and toss together until all the cashews are covered with avocado oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix onto the cashews and toss again until all the cashews are covered with the seasoning mix.
- Transfer the cashews to the prepared cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for approximately 30-45 minutes, tossing them half-way through and taking care that they don't burn.
- The cashews will be soft when immediately removed from the oven, so let them cool completely before serving.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight BPA-free container.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.