Today for you I have Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta as my recipe submission for the September 2015 theme for The Recipe ReDux:
“Fantastic Freezer Meals: Share your tips and tricks for making one – or more freezer meals. It’s the end of the gardening season for some of us; let’s store away that produce in heat-and-eat-from-the-freezer-meals. Show how convenient healthy freezer breakfast, lunches or dinners can be!”
Although my entire recipe isn’t technically a “from-the-freezer” meal, it could still be a quick meal by making and freezing the butternut squash sauce in advance.
Once you roast the seasoned butternut squash, all you have to do is add it to the rest of the ingredients to a Vitamix, blend it all together, then store it in a freezer-safe container.
While it’s thawing out you can start making your pasta and when that’s done, it only takes about 5 minutes to pull it all together for a quick meal on a busy weeknight.
Adding other veggies like broccoli or chopped spinach or kale would make it even more nutrient-dense.
It’s a healthy meal your family can enjoy and it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free.
Want more healthy meal and entree recipes? Check out Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Creamy Vegan Cilantro Lime Tahini Dressing, Pasta with Asparagus and Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Zucchini Pasta with Vegan Basil Pesto or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Butternut Squash:*
- 2/3 cup contains 80% vitamin A
- 100 g contains 35% vitamin C
- good source of fiber
- excellent source of antioxidants
- high in carotenoids
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Chipotle:*
- can help reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- can help lower the risk of diabetes
- a thermogenic food to help energize metabolism
- can help improve circulation
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium and potassium
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Nutmeg:*
- helps improve concentration
- increases circulation
- good source of copper, potassium, iron and zinc
- high in B-complex vitamins
- contains anti-fungal properties
5 Fast Facts About Cinnamon:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- helps to control blood sugar
- excellent source of manganese and iron
- can help to lower bad cholesterol
- aids in eliminating migraine headaches
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.