This savory and rustic Creamy Gluten-Free Vegan Mushroom Lasagna recipe is an easy and healthy version of the traditional comfort food that everyone will love!
This Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Lasagna is a savory comfort meal with a combination of creamy vegan mushroom sauce and gluten-free pasta.
It’s a favorite in my home because my husband loves mushrooms and my boys love pasta, so it makes everyone happy 🙂
Traditionally, lasagna recipes include cheese and even though this is a vegan recipe, it doesn’t even use vegan cheese.
It doesn’t need it and you won’t miss it at all!
This lasagna gets its creaminess from the vegan mushroom sauce which is layered between the lasagna noodles and the savory mushroom mixture.
It’s then topped with a golden gluten-free breadcrumb type topping to add a crunchy texture to it.
Is This Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Lasagna Recipe Healthy?
In my opinion, yes!
First, it’s 100% vegan and 100% gluten-free. Just make sure you use gluten-free no-boil lasagna noodles!
It’s also a great recipe for new vegans who are transitioning into animal-free products or who are trying to eventually steer away from processed vegan ingredients.
I don’t normally purchase processed vegan ingredients except on a rare occasion and don’t recommend them because they are processed and not “real food”.
But, in my opinion, it’s better to eat a lightly processed vegan ingredient as a new vegan than continue to consume animal products.
If it helps someone become vegan or helps them to remain vegan, to me that’s a better option 🙂
In this recipe, I used a vegan cream cheese (Kite Hill) which is dairy-free and made with almond milk.
The rest of the ingredients are clean and unprocessed.
This healthier recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and egg-free.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make This Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Lasagna Recipe?
Here is a list of the basic ingredients to make this recipe:
5 Fast Facts About Mushrooms:*
- excellent source of potassium
- rich source of riboflavin, niacin, and selenium
- supports a healthy immune system
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- natural source of vitamin D
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Shallots:*
- 1 cup contains 24% DV of iron
- good source of fiber
- 1 cup contains 11% potassium
- contains more antioxidants than onions
- contains 10% DV of folate
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with a smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Coconut (Milk):*
- 2 tablespoons contain 4.6 g RDA of dietary fiber
- healthy source of medium-chain fatty acids
- can help to decrease cholesterol
- high in lauric acid
- excellent source of manganese at 60% RDA and iron at 11% RDA
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
How Do I Make Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Lasagna?
The recipe may look a little complicated, but don’t worry – it really isn’t!
There are only three quick + easy steps:
- Make the mushroom mixture – Here you will prep your veggies + herbs which only takes a few minutes and then saute them. Fresh herbs will give you the best flavor but you can also use dried herbs.
- Make the mushroom sauce – This step is also easy and takes just a few minutes by heating up the coconut milk, tapioca flour (thickener) and nutritional yeast.
- Make the topping – The last step is just adding the ingredients for the gluten-free bread crumb topping to a small bowl and stirring everything together.
After that, all you do is layer everything in your baking dish and bake it.
Since I used “no-boil” lasagna, the inactive baking time is about 50 minutes but you can enjoy the warm, rustic aroma in your kitchen while you’re waiting!
Want More Healthy Gluten-Free and Vegan Dinner Recipes?
Check out these:
- Vegan Squash and Asparagus Casserole
- Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
- Zucchini Pasta with Vegan Basil Pesto
- or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating meal and entree recipes just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make My Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Lasagna Recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below…it would make my day! 🙂