This Superfood Cashew Butter with Spirulina Crunchies will take your plain homemade cashew butter to a whole new level!
Spirulina is one of those superfoods I will eat only because I know how good it is for you, but not necessarily because it tastes good.
By itself, it’s pretty hard to get down.
But getting your spirulina in the form of “spirulina crunchies” makes it easier because you can sprinkle them over a smoothie, a salad or stir them like I did with this nut butter recipe.
It’s a chocolate cashew butter slightly sweetened with medjool dates and a couple of superfoods added in like raw cacao powder, baobab powder and the spirulina crunchies.
I was first introduced to the “spirulina crunchies” from Vivapura Superfoods back in February and featured them in my Healthy Products Roundup.
Some of the impressive highlights are:
- 300% more calcium than milk
- a complete protein source containing all 8 essential amino acids
- 2300% more iron than spinach
- 3900% more beta carotene than carrots
And you can get all that nutrition mixed into a creamy, chocolate nut butter that’s also raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar!
Want more healthy snack ideas? Check out Crunchy Cacao Nib Chocolate Almond Butter, Vanilla Maple Cashew Butter, How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:*
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” mono-saturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- excellent source of antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Baobab Powder:*
- low glycemic sweetener
- ORAC value of 28,000
- 2 tablespoons provide 16% dv of fiber
- 2 tablespoons provide 10% dv of vegan calcium
- 2 tablespoons probide 40% dv of vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 teaspoon contains 3 g of protein and 3 g of fiber
5 Fast Facts About Spirulina:*
- boosts immune system
- normalizes cholesterol
- rich protein content with 50 -70% protein by weight
- same calcium, phosphorus and magnesium content as milk
- contains all essential amino acids
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients to make this recipe, you can order online from Amazon and have them delivered straight to your door:
Tip #1: This isn’t a very sweet nut butter and I only added 4 medjool dates, but if you prefer it a little sweeter, just add a couple more dates.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Miscellaneous Disclosure: I received products from Vivapura Superfoods to review and use in creating a new recipe. I was under no obligation to give a positive review and was not paid for this review or endorsement. All thoughts, opinions and comments are my own.