This Raw Tomatillo and Jalapeno Salsa Verde Dip is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based dip using fresh summer produce and it's ready to enjoy in about 5 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- 100% Raw - No Roasting Required
- Can Be Prepared In About 5 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making this healthy, plant-based recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, keto/low-carb (6 net carbs), paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Tomatillos: You will need to peel off the paper-thin peeling from the outside of the tomatillo, then wash the sticky residue off before cutting them into quartered pieces and adding to the food processor.
Onion: I used a white onion in this recipe but you could use your favorite variety with the exception of a sweet onion since this is a savory recipe.
Cilantro: Make sure it's fresh and add the leaves and stems.
Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice will give the best flavor and nutrients since it hasn't been pasteurized, but you could also use store-bought organic lime juice. Also, I like to use 1/4 cup because I like my salsa tangy, but if you don't, just reduce the amount to 1/8 cup.
Avocado Oil: This can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil in the same amount.
Jalapeno: I like to use a full jalapeno because I like my salsa spicy, but you can reduce to 1/2 jalapeno or even omit if you don't like spicy foods or will be serving this to children. In addition, you may want to try my classic Raw Tomatillo Salsa Verde that's made without jalapenos.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Dip Recipes?
Check out these:
- Spinach and Avocado Dip
- Fresh Herb and Tahini Pesto
- Healthy Artichoke Dip
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Raw Tomatillo and Jalapeno Salsa Verde Dip
- 6 tomatillos (quartered)
- 1 organic onion (quartered)
- 1/2 cup organic fresh cilantro (fresh)
- 1/4 cup organic lime juice (freshly juiced)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure avocado oil
- 1 organic jalapeno
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped into small pieces and taking care to not overprocess.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.