Although I’m very partial to green smoothies, this Pineapple and Banana Hemp Smoothie was a nice change of pace in our daily breakfast routine.
I normally don’t like to add too much fruit to my smoothies, but it was just the right amount in the way of sweetness…not too much.
And I like to rotate my protein powders around but this time I used organic hemp protein and the brand I used, Nutiva, has extra fiber in it.
It contains 15 grams of raw, organic vegan protein and 8 grams of fiber.
Plus, I added a couple of tablespoons of hemp seeds into the smoothie and on top.
So this smoothie is heavy on the hemp, which is a good thing.
A really good thing!
Want more healthy smoothies? Check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, Acai Berry and Banana Immunity Smoothie, Pumpkin Protein Smoothie, or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy and clean eating smoothie recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Pineapples:*
- improves heart and circulatory health
- anti-inflammatory benefits
- immune booster
- super high in the proteolytic enzyme Bromelain
- rich in B-complex vitamins and vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- combats depression (high levels of tryptophan which converts to serotonin)
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Protein + Fiber:*
- provides 11 g of raw, organic protein
- contains all 8 essential amino acids
- contains 10% beneficial fats
- contains 43% fiber (90% insoluble and 10% soluble)
- high in magnesium (35% dv), iron (25% dv) and zinc (15% dv)
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy anti-inflammatory (3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fats)
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw, vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- a natural appetite suppressant
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in Lauric Acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improve cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lucuma Powder:
- rich source of anti-oxidants
- contains 14 essential trace elements
- 1 tablespoon contains 2% DV of iron
- helps provide anti-inflammatory benefits
- healthy, low-glycemic sweetener
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where to Buy: If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients for this recipe, you can order them from Amazon and have them delivered right to your door:
Tip #1: I’ve made this smoothie with both fresh and frozen pineapples which was really good. If you use fresh, you may want to add 6 – 7 ice cubes to make it a little thicker and frosty.
Tip #2: I added both lucuma powder and coconut oil to increase the nutritional benefits, but they both can be omitted.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.