This healthy plant-based Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie is an easy recipe to make using pumpkin puree and spices for the perfect breakfast smoothie. It’s made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients including organic plant-based protein and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant.
This plant-based smoothie recipe is perfect to make for a healthy breakfast when you have leftover pumpkin puree.
Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Here’s why this recipe works – my top 3 reasons:
- Take advantage of leftover pumpkin puree
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Uses plant-based vegan protein
Take Advantage of Leftover Pumpkin Pumpkin Puree
Have you ever found yourself with a half can of pumpkin pie puree leftover after making another recipe?
Using leftover pumpkin puree is a great way to get the comforting flavors of Fall into a morning smoothie.
And it’s also a nice change from green smoothies!
But you don’t have to wait until Fall to add pumpkin in your daily smoothies by keeping a can or two in your pantry throughout the year!
Pumpkin is super high in vitamin A and adding it with a plant-based protein makes it a nutrient-dense smoothie.
Add even more extra nutrition by sprinkling raw pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top.
Ready In Less Than 5 Minutes
You’ll love how easy it is to make this pumpkin protein smoothie in less than 5 minutes.
I use a Vitamix for all my smoothies to get the smoothest and creamiest texture.
Uses Plant-Based Vegan Protein
There are several protein options you can use in this recipe and I’ve listed several below in the “How To” instructions.
In addition, you’ll be glad to know that two of the options only contain (1) plant-based vegan ingredient!
My healthy pumpkin protein smoothie is made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I’ll show you how with step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Add All Ingredients To a Vitamix
First, add all the ingredients for the recipe into a Vitamix and blend until it’s creamy and smooth.
Step 2: Adjust The Spices + Sweetener
Second, depending on the type of protein powder you choose, you may need to add additional sweetener.
For example, Epic Plant-Based Protein contains stevia leaf and coconut crystals, so it’s already naturally sweetened.
However, if you use another plant-based protein, like organic hemp protein or organic pumpkin seed protein, you can add additional sweetener.
Simply add 1-2 organic Medjool dates to naturally sweeten your smoothie.
If you add the dates to your smoothie, re-blend again until it’s creamy and smooth.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions for Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Organic Protein Powder. You actually have 3 organic options to choose from:
- Raw Vegan Plant-Based Protein Powder – Made with 100% plant-based ingredients and is naturally sweetened with stevia leaf + coconut crystals. This option shouldn’t require any additional sweetener.
- Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder – This is made with 100% pumpkin seeds so you may want to add 1-2 organic Medjool dates to sweeten the smoothie.
- Hemp Seed Protein Powder – Because this is made with 100% plant-based hemp seeds, you may want to add 1-2 organic Medjool dates to sweeten the smoothie.
My preferred choice is option 1, but either option above will give you a clean, plant-based protein boost.
In addition, if you don’t want to add extra protein into your diet, you can omit the protein powder altogether.
Homemade Almond Milk. I like to use homemade almond milk because the only ingredients are 100% organic almonds. You can always substitute this with your favorite non-dairy milk.
Almond Butter. I added this ingredient because it gives the smoothie an extra creamy texture. You can substitute it with another neutral-flavored nut butter like organic cashew butter.
Pumpkin Puree. I find it’s best to make this smoothie when I have leftover pumpkin puree, instead of opening a new can. Make sure you use an organic brand that comes in a BPA-free can if possible.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Smoothies?
Check out these:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Banana Mango Superfood Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Maca Smoothie
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
- Adjust spices and/or add sweetener to your preference.