This healthy plant-based Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie is an easy recipe to make using pumpkin puree and spices for the perfect breakfast smoothie. It's made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients including organic plant-based protein and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant.
This plant-based smoothie recipe is perfect to make for a healthy breakfast when you have leftover pumpkin puree.
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Take Advantage Of Leftover Pumpkin Puree
- Ready In Less Than 5 Minutes
- Uses Plant-Based Vegan Protein
Take Advantage of Leftover Pumpkin Pumpkin Puree
Have you ever found yourself with a half can of pumpkin pie puree leftover after making another recipe?
Using leftover pumpkin puree is a great way to get the comforting flavors of Fall into a morning smoothie.
And it's also a nice change from green smoothies!
But you don't have to wait until Fall to add pumpkin in your daily smoothies by keeping a can or two in your pantry throughout the year!
Pumpkin is super high in vitamin A and adding it with a plant-based protein makes it a nutrient-dense smoothie.
Add even more extra nutrition by sprinkling raw pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top.
Ready In Less Than 5 Minutes
You'll love how easy it is to make this pumpkin protein smoothie in less than 5 minutes.
I use a Vitamix for all my smoothies to get the smoothest and creamiest texture.
Uses Plant-Based Vegan Protein
There are several protein options you can use in this recipe and I've listed several below in the "How To" instructions.
In addition, you'll be glad to know that two of the options only contain (1) plant-based vegan ingredient!
My healthy pumpkin protein smoothie is made with only 5 clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you how with step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Add All Ingredients To a Vitamix
First, add all the ingredients for the recipe into a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
Step 2: Adjust The Spices + Sweetener
Second, depending on the type of protein powder you choose, you may need to add additional sweetener.
For example, Epic Plant-Based Protein contains stevia leaf and coconut crystals, so it's already naturally sweetened.
However, if you use another plant-based protein, like organic hemp protein or organic pumpkin seed protein, you can add additional sweetener.
Simply add 1-2 organic Medjool dates to naturally sweeten your smoothie.
If you add the dates to your smoothie, re-blend again until it's creamy and smooth.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Organic Protein Powder. You actually have 3 organic options to choose from:
- Raw Vegan Plant-Based Protein Powder - Made with 100% plant-based ingredients and is naturally sweetened with stevia leaf + coconut crystals. This option shouldn't require any additional sweetener. Although this is a clean, organic plant-based protein powder, it is not an officially approved or compliant Medical Medium® ingredient. If you need the recipe to be 100% Medical Medium® compliant, consider using option #2 or #3 below.
- Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder - This Medical Medium® compliant ingredient is made with 100% pumpkin seeds so you may want to add 1-2 organic Medjool dates to sweeten the smoothie.
- Hemp Seed Protein Powder - This Medical Medium® compliant ingredient is made with 100% plant-based hemp seeds, you may want to add 1-2 organic Medjool dates to sweeten the smoothie.
My preferred choice is option 1, but either option above will give you a clean, plant-based protein boost.
In addition, if you don't want to add extra protein into your diet, you can omit the protein powder altogether.
Homemade Almond Milk. I like to use homemade almond milk because the only ingredients are 100% organic almonds. You can always substitute this with your favorite non-dairy milk. Another great option is to use JOI Organic Almond Milk made with 100% organic almonds.
Almond Butter. I added this ingredient because it gives the smoothie an extra creamy texture. You can substitute it with another neutral-flavored nut butter like organic cashew butter.
Pumpkin Puree. I find it's best to make this smoothie when I have leftover pumpkin puree, instead of opening a new can. Make sure you use an organic brand that comes in a BPA-free can if possible.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Smoothies?
Check out these:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Banana Mango Superfood Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Maca Smoothie
- or my After The Cleanses™ Medical Medium® Compliant Meal Plan Program with 42 plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Vegan Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
- Adjust spices and/or add sweetener to your preference.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.