This Clean Eating Acai Berry and Banana Immunity Smoothie is a nice change of pace from the many different varieties of green smoothies.
It’s loaded with antioxidants from blueberries and the organic superfood “acai berry” that contains plenty of healthy omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fats.
This fruity smoothie would be a nice boost if you were feeling under the weather or felt like you needed some extra immunity…even the soft blueish-purple color is soothing.
The unsweetened acai berry frozen smoothie pack doesn’t contain any added sugar, the banana and blueberries in the recipe will make it somewhat sweet, but if you find you need a little more, you can add a touch of your favorite sweetener.
Want more recipes using the acai berry superfood? Check out: Blueberry and Acai Protein Smoothie Bowl, Classic Acai Bowl and Acai Berry and Banana Mini Cheesecakes or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating smoothie recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- high levels of trytophan to help combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber and potassium
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Protein + Fiber:*
- provides 11 g of raw, organic protein
- contains all 8 essential amino acids
- contains 10% beneficial fats
- high in magnesium (35% RDA), iron (25% RDA) and zinc (15% RDA)
- contains 43% fiber (90% soluble and 10% insoluble)
5 Fast Facts About Acai Berry Unsweetened Smoothie Packs:*
- contains 10% dv of vitamin A
- good source of omegas: omega-3 (50 mg), omega-6 (625 mg) and omega-9 (3,060 mg)
- organic, vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free
- contains 4% dv of vegan calcium
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: This recipe can be made with homemade almond milk using a Vitamix. For more recipes you can make with a Vitamix, visit my Vitamix Recipe Index page for more inspiration! I like to make my own homemade almond milk for my smoothies, because I have control over the quality of almonds that are used (raw, unpasteurized) and there are no added ingredients found in boxed almond milk.
Tip #2: I used the frozen Sambazon Acai Berry Unsweetened Smoothie Packs that I purchased from the frozen section at Whole Foods, but if you don’t have access to a Whole Foods, you can also order organic acai powder to get some of the benefits of the acai berry.
Tip #3: I used the Nutiva Hemp Seed + Hi Fiber protein powder which added 11 grams of vegan protein and 12 gram of fiber, but feel free to use your favorite protein powder.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.