This Vegan Pineapple and Banana Hemp Smoothie is an easy and healthy recipe made with only 6 clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based recipes for breakfast or post-workout with a creamy tropical flavor and is ready in about 5 minutes!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Naturally Sweetened - This plant-based smoothie uses fruit as a natural sweetener giving it just the right amount of sweetness without any added sugar!
- Uses A Clean, Raw Plant-Based Protein - I used an organic plant-based hemp protein powder that has an additional 12 grams of fiber added to it so it's a great way to increase your daily fiber.
- Made With Only 6 Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense ingredients are used such as homemade almond milk, bananas, pineapples, hemp protein, hemp seeds, and lucuma powder.
You can enjoy my healthy plant-based smoothie because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, contains no refined sugar, paleo-friendly, and is Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you how easy it is with step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Blend The Ingredients
Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's creamy and smooth.
If you are using fresh fruit, you may want to add about 6-7 ice cubes to your Vitamix with the other ingredients to give the smoothie a thick and frosty consistency.
Step: 2: Garnish
This step is optional, but you can garnish your smoothie with additional hemp seeds and a couple of pineapple cubes.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Fresh or Frozen Fruit. You can use either fresh or frozen fruit, but you may want to add ice cubes depending on which type of fruit you use.
- Fresh Fruit - add optional 6-7 ice cubes to give the smoothie a thick and frosty consistency.
- Frozen Fruit - ice cubes are not necessary since the frozen fruit will take the place of the ice cubes.
Hemp Protein. I like to use Nutiva Hemp Protein + Hi-Fiber because it provides 11 grams of raw, organic plant-based protein and 12 grams of fiber. You don't have to use this particular brand and can use plain organic hemp protein or your favorite organic plant-based protein. My favorite plant-based protein to use is this brand because it's organic, raw + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients.
Lucuma Powder. I added the organic superfood lucuma ingredient to the recipe to increase the nutritional profile, but you can omit it if you don't have any on hand.
Homemade Almond Milk. It's so easy to make homemade almond milk to avoid unnecessary ingredients, but you can always use your favorite non-dairy milk as a substitute.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Smoothie Recipes?
Check out these:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Acai Berry and Banana Immunity Smoothie
- Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Pineapple and Banana Hemp Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix or other blender and blend until well combined.
- Optional: Add 6-7 ice cubes and/or garnish with pineapple and extra hemp seeds.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.