These clean eating, energy packed Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Power Bars with Chocolate Topping are not only a nutrient-dense snack, but are made even more irresistible with a thick, healthy chocolate topping.
It’s a simple recipe made with a nut combination of almonds, sunflower seeds and hazelnuts and can be ready in less than 10 minutes.
Most store-bough granola bars are highly processed and can contain lots of unhealthy ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Planter’s Big Nut Bars, Chewy Triple Nuts Ingredients:
Ingredients: Peanuts, Corn Syrup, Crisped Rice [Rice Flour, Sugar, Malt Extract, Salt, Caramel Color, Mixed Tocopherols (To Help Protect Flavor)], Peanut Butter (Roasted Ground Peanuts), Evaporated Cane Juice Invert Syrup, Sugar, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Almonds, Cashews, Contains Less than 1.5% of Whey (from milk), Soy Lecithin, Honey, Vegetable Oil (Peanut and/or Cottonseed Oil), Resistant Corn Dextrins, Granola (Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Brown Sugar, Whole Grain Rolled Wheat, Coconut, Canola Oil, Wheat Bran), Xanthan Gum, TBHQ (Preserves Freshness) (source)
FoodFacts.com Rating: “F”
Many are not vegan and are full of GMO ingredients (corn syrup, soy lecithin, canola oil), artificial coloring, preservatives and refined salt and sugar.
This healthier version is made with clean, real food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, no-bake, paleo-friend and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies, Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies, Flourless Chocolate Fudge Mint Cookies or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Hazelnuts:*
- one cup contains 86% RDA of vitamin E
- rich in heart healthy unsaturated fats
- super high in B-vitamins: B1, B3, B5, B6 and B9
- one ounce has 2.7 g of dietary fiber
- one serving contains 90% RDA of manganese and 65% RDA of copper
5 Fast Facts About Sunflower Seeds:*
- rich source of vitamin E
- finest source of B complex group vitamins
- incredible source of folic acid
- rich in magnesium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #2: You can use many different variations with this recipe…use your favorite sweetener, change up the nuts and even use peanut butter instead of almond butter.
Tip #3: If you want to reduce the amount of sweetener in the recipe, just use 2 tablespoons of sweetener for the nut mixture instead of 3. I only used 2 tablespoons but if you want a sweeter bar, just increase it to 3 tablespoons.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.