This Clean Eating Vegan Chimichurri Sauce is a simple but flavorful sauce made with clean ingredients that can be used for so many vegan dishes.
You can make this recipe in less than 5 minutes with a Vitamix and after picking up some fresh herbs like organic parsley and organic cilantro. I particularly love it because of the tangy flavor the apple cider vinegar gives it.
While chimichurri is typically used as a marinade or topping on a meat dish, I like to use it as a dressing on a salad, as a dip (especially with these grain-free chips!), roasted veggies and even tossed with shirataki noodles.
The recipe is enough for a single serving, which I usually make just for myself, but if you need it for more than one person, just double or triple the recipe.
And, you can easily make it lectin-free by omitting the organic red pepper flakes and you’ll still get a little “pepper” flavor from the organic ground black pepper.
This healthy recipe is made with real, whole food ingredients and is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, nut-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy dip and dressing recipes? Check out Tomatillo and Jalapeno Dip, Raw Spinach and Avocado Dip, Lectin-Free Vegan Basil Pesto and Cauliflower Rice Dip or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Parsley:*
- good source of potassium
- rich in antioxidants
- 1/2 cup provides 554% dv of vitamin K
- 1/2 cup provides 10% dv of iron
- 1/2 cup provides 54% vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Cilantro:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- helps to remove toxins and heavy metals
- promotes healthy liver function
- helps to control blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Extra-Virgin Olive Oil:*
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- rich in anti-oxidants
- improves bone mineralization and calcification
- excellent protection from heart attack and stroke
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Clean Eating Vegan Chimichurri Sauce
Yield 1/2 cup
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Nut-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 2 cups organic fresh parsley
- 1 cup organic fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves organic garlic
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon organic red pepper flakes*
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
*Lectin-Free: omit the organic red pepper flakes
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Clean Eating Vegan Chimichurri Sauce" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I’m Karielyn! I’m a cookbook author and creator of The Healthy Family and Home website. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.