This Fresh Basil Vinaigrette is the perfect homemade summer dressing made with fresh basil, only 5 clean ingredients and is ready in under 5 minutes!
I’ve always dreamed of having a big, lush basil plant and being able to get fresh basil from it whenever I needed it for a recipe or garish. And I’ve tried so many times to grow fresh basil, but have never been successful.
So I’ve had to resort to buying my organic basil from Whole Foods. I try to buy some every week to make this recipe to keep on hand because it’s so easy to make and stores great in a glass mason jar.
If you’re lucky enough to have a basil plant in abundance, this is a great recipe to use it in, especially if you love a dressing with a fresh, tangy flavor.
The recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make in a Vitamix and you probably have everything on hand already, except maybe the basil.
Store-bought dressing recipes typically contain long ingredients list with lots of unhealthy and unnecessary ingredient like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Wegmans Basil Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Ingredients:
Ingredients: Water, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, Spices, Garlic, Roasted Red Sweet Peppers, Salt, Sugar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (Contains 2% or less Cheese Parmesan (Milk, Bacterial Culture, Enzymes, Salt), Torula Yeast, Dried Onion, Monosodium Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavor, Paprika Oleoresin, (Color), Citric Acid, with Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Disodium EDTA added to protect flavor (source)
Take a look over the ingredient list above one more time. Do you even ~see~ the ingredient “basil” in this “Basil Vinaigrette Salad Dressing”?! No, because there is none…sad.
Besides not even containing a single leaf of basil, it contains a GMO ingredient (soybean), Monosodium Glutamate and several preservatives. It’s also not vegan.
This healthier, clean eating version is organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and paleo-friendly (and contains real, fresh organic basil lol!).
Want more healthy dip and dressing recipes? Check out Creamy Dandelion Greens Dressing, Tahini Ginger Dressing, Creamy Cilantro and Lime Tahini Dressing or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating dip and dressing recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Basil:*
- 2 teaspoons provide 60% dv of vitamin K
- 2 teaspoons provide 5.9% dv of calcium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- good for digestive tract health
- anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial
5 Fast Facts About Avocado Oil:*
- healthier cooking with smoke point of 500 degrees
- may help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome
- helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- provides protection from cardiovascular disease
- good source of vitamin E
5 Fast Facts About Apple Cider Vinegar:*
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
- maintains proper pH balance in the body
- regulates blood pressure
- helps to reduce bad cholesterol
- loaded with potassium
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Fresh Basil Vinaigrette
Yield 2 servings
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / Lectin-Free / Alkaline / Paleo-Friendly
- Add all ingredients to a Vitamix and blend until it's smooth and well blended.
- Adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight glass or BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Fresh Basil Vinaigrette" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.