This healthy “Dr. Group’s Liver Cleanse Soup” recipe is so easy and is made with clean, real food ingredients. It’s a one-pot meal that’s ready in about 60 minutes with nutrient-dense, healing ingredients.
Today I’m sharing “Dr. Group’s Liver Cleanse Soup” recipe for the Recipe ReDux theme for October 2017.
The theme for this month is: “Good Gut Health – With cold and flu season upon us, the best defense may be good gut health. Since much of our immune health begins in the gut, show us your healthy, delicious recipe to bolster gut health.”
I chose to share this recipe for two reasons. First, it is extremely healthy and nourishing. Second, I just completed Dr. Group’s Liver Cleanse Program last week and thought it would be perfect for this month’s theme.
This is actually the fourth Global Healing Center Liver Cleanse I’ve done over the past several years and have always enjoyed the detox soup at the end of the cleanse.
I made a few minor changes to the original recipe, only adding extra amounts of some of the veggies.
Is Dr. Group’s Liver Detox Soup Recipe Healthy?
In my opinion, yes!
It’s made with fresh, real food ingredients like beets, broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic, all of which are good for you – and your liver!
Homemade soup is always going to be healthier than a store-bought soup especially when you can control the quality of ingredients (like buying organic veggies) and even the water you use.
Let’s compare the ingredients to a popular store-bought canned vegetable soup:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Campbell’s “Healthy Requests” Vegetable Soup: Ingredients: Beef Stock, Carrots, Potatoes, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Enriched Pasta (Wheat Flour, Egg Whites, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Green Beans, Corn, Peas, Celery, Potato Starch, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% or Less of: Tomato Paste, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Dehydrated Onions, Flavoring, Spice, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Yeast Extract, Paprika Extract for Color, Celery Extract, Lactic Acid, Onion Extract.
This healthy homemade liver detox soup recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly and contains Medical Medium healing food ingredients.
It’s also keto-friendly with approximately 12 net carbs per serving.
Do I Have To Do A Liver Detox To Make This Soup?
No…not at all!
You don’t have to do a liver cleanse to enjoy this healthy soup!
Although this liver detox soup recipe is made with ingredients and herbs that are naturally high in sulfur and glutathione, which help cleanse the liver of harmful chemicals and pesticides, it can also be enjoyed as a healthy, quick + easy meal for anyone to enjoy.
It only takes about 15 minutes to prep the veggies, then everything is put into one pot to simmer for about an hour. That’s it!
How To Make Dr. Group’s Liver Cleanse Soup:
This is a really simple recipe to make and you only need one pot!
- Prep the veggies. This step will take the longest but is easy-to-do. All you need to do is cut your veggies in bite-size pieces, or in sizes that you prefer and it’s best to use fresh, organic veggies if possible.
- Make the soup. After you’ve cut and diced the veggies for the soup, just add them to a large saucepan with the remaining ingredients to simmer until they are soft. As they are cooking, you may want to check them a couple of times and add a little extra water or veggie broth. If you do, you may need to adjust the seasonings to compensate for the extra liquid. Season to your preference.
You will love how easy it is to make this recipe and how good it is for you!
Want More Healthy Vegan Soup Recipes?
Check out these:
- Lectin-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup
- My Clean Eating Cookbook with healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!