This healthy "Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Soup" recipe is so easy and is made with clean, real food ingredients. It's a one-pot detox soup that's ready in about 60 minutes with nutrient-dense, liver healing ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, keto-friendly and Medical Medium compliant.
You'll love how this nourishing vegetable detox soup is ready to enjoy in about an hour!
Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Soup
I'm excited to share this extremely healthy and nourishing plant-based soup recipe from Dr. Group at Global Healing Center.
I wanted to share it because I just completed Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Program last week.
In fact, this is the fourth Global Healing Center Liver Cleanse I've done over the past several years and have always enjoyed the detox soup at the end of the cleanse.
Although the original recipe is perfect as is, I made a few minor changes to it by adding extra amounts of some of the veggies.
This liver detox soup recipe is made with ingredients and herbs that are naturally high in sulfur and glutathione.
Both of which help cleanse the liver of harmful chemicals and pesticides.
And, you don't have to do the full "liver cleanse" program to make this recipe.
It is a healthy, quick + easy meal for anyone to enjoy at any time!
Is Dr. Group's Liver Detox Soup Recipe Healthy?
In my opinion, yes!
It's made with fresh, real food ingredients like beets, broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic, all of which are good for you - and your liver!
Homemade soup is always going to be healthier than a store-bought soup especially when you can control the quality of ingredients.
For example, buying organic veggies and even the water you use.
Let's compare the ingredients to a popular store-bought canned vegetable soup:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Campbell's "Healthy Requests" Vegetable Soup: Ingredients: Beef Stock, Carrots, Potatoes, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Enriched Pasta (Wheat Flour, Egg Whites, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Green Beans, Corn, Peas, Celery, Potato Starch, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% or Less of: Tomato Paste, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Dehydrated Onions, Flavoring, Spice, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Yeast Extract, Paprika Extract for Color, Celery Extract, Lactic Acid, Onion Extract.
As you can see, store-bought soups contain preservatives, MSG, flavorings, caramel color, and even high fructose corn syrup.
This healthy homemade liver detox soup recipe is plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly, keto-friendly (13 net carbs per serving) and is Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
In this step-by-step section, I'm going to show you how easy it is to make this simple one-pot detox soup recipe.
Step 1: Prep the Veggies:
Firstly, cut your veggies in bite-size pieces, or in sizes that you prefer.
When making a cleansing or detox soup, it's best to use fresh, organic veggies if possible.
Step 2: Make the Soup:
Secondly, add the veggies to a large pot with the remaining ingredients to simmer until they are soft.
As the veggies are cooking, check the soup a couple of times and add a little extra water or veggie broth if needed.
If you do, you may need to adjust the seasonings to compensate for the extra liquid.
Taste and season to your preference.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly.
The best tip I can give you is to make sure you are using the purest ingredients to make this recipe.
Since this is a cleansing/detox soup, you wouldn't want to add any additional toxin burden to your body.
For example, pesticides from non-organic produce or tap water.
- Vegetables + Herbs - Try to buy organic, if possible to avoid pesticides.
- Water - The best water to use is filtered/purified water. For instance, I use a Berkey water filtration system for all my cooking and water needs.
Vegetables. Feel free to cut the veggies into whatever sizes or shapes you prefer, but the smaller the better because they will cook quicker.
Vegetable Broth + Water. As the soup simmers, additional vegetable broth or water may need to be added.
- Check it every 20 minutes or so and add extra if needed.
- After that, taste the soup and add adjust the amount of seasonings if you prefer.
Lemon. I use freshly squeezed lemon juice since it's not pasteurized. However, store-bought organic lemon juice can be substituted.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference, but it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Soup Recipes?
Check out these:
- Pumpkin Spice Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Soup
- 3 cups filtered/purified water
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 organic beets (peeled + diced)
- 2 organic carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups organic broccoli (chopped)
- 10 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 organic onion (diced)
- 1/2 organic lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 2 organic bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
Prepare the veggies:
- Slice/Dice/Cut the beets, carrots, broccoli, and onions to the size of your preference (see notes below).
Prepare the soup:
- Add all the ingredients for the soup to a medium-size pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer on low heat for approximately 1 hour, or until the veggies are soft.
- Add extra water or veggie broth if needed and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Veggies: Try to buy organic ingredients to make this soup, if possible.
- Water: Use clean, filtered/purified water and not tap water. I use a Berkey water filter system for all my cooking.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.