Today I’m sharing “Dr. Group’s Liver Cleanse Soup” recipe for the Recipe ReDux theme for October 2017.
The theme for this month is: “Good Gut Health – With cold and flu season upon us, the best defense may be good gut health. Since much of our immune health begins in the gut, show us your healthy, delicious recipe to bolster gut health.”
I chose to share this recipe for two reasons. First, it is extremely healthy and nourishing. Second, I just completed Dr. Group’s Liver Cleanse Program last week and thought it would be perfect for this month’s theme.
This is actually the fourth Global Healing Center Liver Cleanse I’ve done over the past several years and have always enjoyed the detox soup at the end of the cleanse.
I made a few minor changes to the original recipe, only adding extra amounts of some of the veggies.
It’s a homemade soup made with herbs and vegetables that are naturally high in sulphur and glutathione, which help cleanse the liver of harmful chemicals.
But you don’t have to do a liver cleanse to enjoy this healthy soup! It only takes about 15 minutes to prep the veggies, then everything is put into one pot to simmer for about an hour. That’s it!
This healthy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, soy-free, nut-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy soup recipes? Check out Lectin-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cauliflower Rice Soup, Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup, Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Beets:*
- 1 cup provides 14% dv of fiber
- 1 cup provides 28% dv of manganese
- can help fight inflammation
- excellent for detoxification
- stimulates liver function
5 Fast Facts About Broccoli:*
- contains powerful anti-oxidants
- high in beta-carotene
- contains more calcium than dairy
- detoxifier that removes free radicals
- helps to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Carrots:*
- improves eyesight
- helps to prevent heart disease
- rich in antioxidants
- helps flush toxins from the body
- 1 cup contains 407.6% RDA of vitamin A
5 Fast Facts About Garlic:*
- regulates blood sugar levels
- lowers high blood pressure
- contains anti-bacterial and analgesic properties
- helps to lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Onions:*
- rich source of sulfur compounds
- excellent for cardiovascular health
- inhibits bone loss in women
- reduced blood pressure
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Lemons:*
- extremely alkaline to the body
- blood purifier
- excellent for detoxification
- balances blood sugar levels
- contains powerful anti-bacterial properties
5 Fast Facts About Turmeric:*
- antibacterial and a natural antiseptic
- excellent for liver detoxification
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful anti-oxidant and it can inhibits cancer cell growth
- 2 teaspoons contain 17% DV of manganese
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Soup
Yield 2 - 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Nut-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly
- 3 cups filtered/purified water
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 organic beets (diced)
- 2 organic carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups organic broccoli
- 10 cloves organic garlic (freshly crushed)
- 1 organic red onion (diced)
- 1/2 organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 organic bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
Prepare the veggies:
- Slice/Dice/Cut the beets, carrots, broccoli and onions to the sizes of your preference. I diced the beets and onions, sliced the carrots thin and cut the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces.
Prepare the soup:
- Add all the ingredients for the soup to a medium-size pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer on low for 1 hour. Adjust seasonings to your preference.
Recipe Source: Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Soup
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe adaptations and photographs for "Dr. Group's Liver Cleanse Soup" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!