These Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Oven Baked Mushrooms are the perfect healthy snack and even a favorite for a party or gathering - just make sure you make enough because they will disappear!
I've made several "oven-baked" veggie recipes with my Gluten-Free Vegan Bread Crumbs, like Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Fries, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Chips, Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Okra Bites, Healthy Oven Baked Green Tomatoes and Gluten-Free Vegan Oven Baked Avocado Fries.
But as much as I like them all, I have to say that these have to be my most favorite (especially since they're made with a lectin-free veggie)!
This is definitely a recipe that you will want to double or triple - if you want to share 🙂
I may or may not have eaten the entire batch myself, but my non-mushroom loving sons even loved them and they will not normally touch - anything - with mushrooms in it.
Don't worry if you aren't a big fan of mushrooms, they don't really taste much like mushrooms but have a golden, spicy, crispy coating that looks and tastes like they are fried, but aren't.
And, you can even use them as a topping for a salad in place of regular croutons!
This healthy recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, egg-free, soy-free and paleo-friendly.
Want more healthy snack recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Sweet Potato "Toast" with Spicy Guacamole, Clean Eating Vegan Sweet Potato and Pecan Balls, Rosemary and Garlic Sweet Potato Medallions or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating snack and side dish recipes just like this one the you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Mushrooms:*
- excellent source of potassium
- rich source of riboflavin, niacin and selenium
- supports a healthy immune system
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
- natural source of vitamin D
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Nutritional Yeast:*
- vegan source of vitamin B12
- contains 18 amino acids and is a complete protein
- boosts immune system
- excellent anti-oxidant
- contains 15 minerals
5 Fast Facts About Cayenne Pepper:*
- increases metabolism
- improves high blood pressure
- has anti-fungal properties
- circulatory stimulant which aids in detoxification
5 Fast Facts About Himalayan Pink Salt:*
- contains 84 minerals
- unrefined, unprocessed, raw
- promotes stable pH balance in cells
- controls water levels in the body
- aids digestion and facilitates better nutrient absorption
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Oven Baked Mushrooms
Yield 1 - 2 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Soy-Free / Paleo-Friendly
For the seasoning:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups organic baby bella mushrooms (de-stemmed, sliced)
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Add all ingredients for the seasoning to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Adjust the seasonings (cayenne pepper, garlic and salt) to your preference. If you don't want them too spicy, just use 1/4 teaspoon or less of cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- De-stem and slice the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Start an assembly line in this order: a) small bowl with sliced mushrooms b) small bowl with almond milk c) small bowl with 1/2 of the seasoning mix d) baking pan lined with parchment paper
- You will need to coat the mushrooms in (2) separate batches, so start with (1) cup of the mushrooms and 1/2 of the seasoning mixture.
- Place the (1) cup of mushrooms in the small bowl of milk, toss them around until they are all coated, then using a fork, take them out of the bowl of milk, let the excess milk drip off, and put them in the bowl of seasoning. Toss them around until they are all covered with the seasoning mixture. Transfer them them onto the baking pan lined with parchment paper and with your fork, gently spread them out evenly onto the pan so they aren't overlapping or on top of each other.
- Repeat Step 5 with the other (1) cup of mushrooms, using the same bowl of milk, and the other 1/2 of the seasoning mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and flip over the mushrooms so the other side can bake.
- Return them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve (they are best when served hot from the oven).
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Lectin-Free Vegan "Cheesy" Oven Baked Mushrooms" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, "The Healthy Family and Home" website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: "The Healthy Family and Home" website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.