This kid-friendly Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Banana Sushi with Pistachios recipe is so easy to make and is ready in less than 10 minutes.
Banana sushi is a favorite snack in our house and it all started with my original banana sushi recipe back in 2013, Raw Vegan Banana Hemp Seed Sushi Slices.
It then evolved to Banana Sushi with Sweet Tahini and Matcha Spread (so good!), to these Cashew Butter Banana Sushi (also good!) and now my most recent I'm sharing with you today, Chocolate Banana Sushi with Pistachios (delish!).
Either variety is great to make whenever you have an abundance of bananas or need a quick snack.
You simply take a banana, drizzle it with melted chocolate chips, sprinkle crushed pistachios over the top and then slice and serve it like sushi to make it fun.
It's a healthy, kid-friendly snack that's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contain no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Chocolate Almond Butter Cups, Clean Eating Chocolate Crunch Bars, Healthy Peanut Butter Cups or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- high levels of trytophan to help combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber and potassium
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Pistachios:*
- contains 90% healthy unsaturated fat
- super high in anti-oxidants
- supports cardiovascular health
- excellent source of fiber, protein, manganese and copper
- high in thiamine, vitamin B-6 and potassium
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Chocolate Banana Sushi with Pistachios
- 1 organic banana (firm)
For the chocolate topping:
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil
For the garnish:
- 2 tablespoons organic pistachios (chopped or ground)
- Prepare a serving dish or dinner plate lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the garnish:
- Chop the pistachios into small pieces or add the pistachios to a coffee grinder and grind them to a fine powder, then set aside.
Prepare the banana:
- Peel the banana (fresh and firm is best), place it on the prepared serving dish, then set aside.
Prepare the chocolate topping:
- Add all ingredients for the chocolate topping to a small saucepan and melt on the lowest heat, stirring the entire time until it's smooth and taking care to not let it burn.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate over the banana, making sure it is completely covered on the top and both sides.
- Sprinkle the chopped or ground pistachios over the top of the banana.
- Option 1: Slice and serve immediately.
- Option 2: Place your serving dish in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to harden the chocolate, then remove, slice, and serve.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.