These Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. They're the perfect no-bake plant-based dessert that can be prepared in under 15 minutes that everyone will love!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's A Healthy No-Bake Recipe
- Can Be Prepared In Under 15 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, no-bake, and contains no refined sugar.
What Goes Into This Recipe
Here are the nutrient-dense ingredients that I used to make this recipe:
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you how easy it is with step-by-step instructions below.
Before beginning, prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Wild Blueberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Pecan Pie Bars
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-baked dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
For the oat layer:
- 3 cups organic gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the chocolate layer:
- 1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup organic peanut butter (or cashew butter, almond butter, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the oat layer:
- Add all ingredients for the oat layer to a food processor and process just enough to break the dates into tiny pieces and the mixture has a moist, crumbly texture. Take care to not over process or the oats will turn into oat flour. Set aside.
Prepare the chocolate layer:
- Add all ingredients for the chocolate layer to a small saucepan and melt on the lowest heat, stirring the entire time and taking care to not let the chocolate burn, then set aside.
- Add 1/2 the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly and evenly on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the chocolate layer mixture evenly on top of the bottom layer of oat mixture, reserving a few tablespoons to drizzle on top if you'd like.
- Using your hands, take a handful of the remaining 1/2 of the oat mixture at a time and crumble it on top of the chocolate layer mixture until the chocolate layer is completely covered with the top layer of oat mixture.
- Using the palm of your hand, gently pat down the top layer into the chocolate until it is flat and as firm as possible without disturbing the chocolate layer.
- Drizzle any leftover chocolate over the top layer of the oat mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for approximately 60 minutes, or until it firms up and hardens.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for about 5 minutes so they will be easy to cut.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve because the bars will get soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.