If you love a cherry + chocolate combination, these Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Black Forest Bars are just for you!
You can make them in about 10 minutes using only a food processor, then you just have to wait for them to harden in the freezer before enjoying them.
There are 3 decadent layers to these clean eating, no-bake bars:
- Bottom Layer: raw, vegan, gluten-free brownie base with walnuts + naturally sweetened with medjool dates
- Middle Layer: sweet, chunky layer of cherries + medjool dates
- Top Layer: smooth and creamy chocolate avocado frosting made with almond butter + date nectar
And, if you want to take it to another level, just add a dollop of homemade whipped coconut cream on the top and garnish with a fresh single cherry!
If you can, try to use fresh organic cherries, if possible, because non-organic cherries can contain up to 42 different pesticides and please, please, please don’t buy or use the red food colored cherries in a jar with an ingredient list like this: Cherries, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors. Preserved with: Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate, Red 40, Sulfur Dioxide (Preservative).
This healthier recipe is organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, egg-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Dark Cherry Ice Cream, Clean Eating Vegan Cherry Tart, Vegan Black Forest Chia Seed Pudding or my Clean Eating Cookbook with 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Cherries:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- contains anti-cancer agents
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains beneficial phytonutrients
- high in beta-carotene with 19 times more than strawberries
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, calcium, copper, zinc and iron
5 Fast Facts About Avocados:*
- excellent source of vitamin E
- contains 25 essential nutrients
- contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- has anti-inflammatory properties
- can help lower cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Date Nectar:*
- 25% less sugar than honey
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lectin-free, paleo
- organic + non-GMO
- great source of antioxidants
- made with organic California dates
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Black Forest Bars
Yield 8 small bars
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Lectin-Free / Egg-Free / Soy-Free / No-Bake / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the brownie base:
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- 4 organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon organic refined coconut oil
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the cherry filling:
- 1 1/2 cups organic cherries (pitted, halved)
- 8 large organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon organic refined coconut oil
For the chocolate topping:
Prepare the brownie base:
- Add all ingredients for the brownie base to a food processor and process until it is well combined and a wet, crumbly mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8 x 5 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Using the back of a spoon or your hands, press the mixture down firmly and evenly in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
Prepare the cherry filling:
- Prepare the cherries: de-stem and de-seed the cherries by pulling off the stem and cutting the cherry in half to remove the pit. Place the cherries in a small bowl to measure enough to make the recipe.
- Add all the ingredients for the cherry filling to a food processor and pulse it 10-12 long times, just long enough to break down the dates and cherries into chunks, taking care not to over process.
- Transfer the cherry filling to the baking pan and spread it evenly on top of the brownie base.
- Using the back of a spoon or your hands, press the mixture down firmly and evenly. Set aside.
Prepare the chocolate topping:
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate topping to a small bowl and whisk it together until it is creamy and smooth and no pieces of avocado remain.
- Transfer the chocolate topping to the baking pan and spread it evenly on top of the cherry filling.
- Place the pan in the freezer for approximately 3-4 hours, or until it hardens.
- When you are ready to serve, remove it from the freezer and let it sit out on the counter top for just a few minutes so it will be easier to slice.
- Store in the freezer in an air-tight BPA-free container until ready to serve because it will get soft if left out at room temperature.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Raw No-Bake Black Forest Bars" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Recipe Roundups: Food Bloggers are always welcome to use a photo and a link back to my original post to share on recipe roundups without requesting permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Thank you for your support of this website!