These Gluten-Free Vegan No-Bake Triple Seed Energy Balls are an easy and healthy recipe made with only 9 clean, real food ingredients. They're the perfect plant-based snack that is nutrient-dense and can be prepared in less than 10 minutes with just a food processor!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Healthy Plant-Based Snack - Keeping healthy snacks on hand for a quick energy boost is a great way to stay on track. You can make these healthy energy balls in advance and keep them in the refrigerator whenever you need a nutritious snack or grab-and-go breakfast.
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes - Simply add all the ingredients to a food processor to process, then form into ball shapes!
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Only 9 healthy and nutrient-dense ingredients make this a snack you can feel good about eating!
You can feel good about making my healthy plant-based recipe because it's raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-bake, no refined sugar, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant!
What Goes Into This Recipe
Here are some of the nutrient-dense ingredients needed to make this recipe.
Ingredients such as almond flour, chia seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, Medjool dates, sunflower butter, pitaya powder, cinnamon, and Himalayan pink salt.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
I'll show you how to make this recipe and how easy it is with step-by-step instructions below.
Before beginning, prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Step 1: Add All Ingredients To A Food Processor
Firstly, add all the ingredients for the ball mixture to your food processor.
Process the mixture until it has a sticky, crumbly texture.
Step 3: Add The Pitaya Powder Add-In To The Mixture
Secondly, add the pitaya powder to the ball mixture and process again just enough to mix it in evenly, taking care to not overprocess.
Step 3: Transfer Mixture To Bowl + Roll Into Balls
Thirdly, once you've finished processing the mixture, transfer it to a medium-sized bowl so it will be easier to remove the mixture to make the balls.
Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze it tightly in your fist, then gently roll it between your palms to form a ball shape.
Transfer the balls onto the prepared cookie sheet and place them in the refrigerator or freezer to firm for about 15-30 minutes.
Step 4: How To Store
Lastly, you can store your no-bake energy balls in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator or freezer.
These are great to make ahead of time to have handy when you need a quick, healthy snack or energy boost during the day.
Karielyn' Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Almond Flour: I haven't tested a substitution for almond flour, but you could try organic oat flour.
Medjool Dates: Make sure they are pitted before adding them to your food processor.
Sunflower Butter: This can be substituted with another neutral-flavored nut butter such as cashew butter or almond butter.
Sesame Seeds + Hemp Seeds + Chia Seeds: I added these for their nutritional profile but you could use just one or any combination that you like or have on hand.
Ground Cinnamon: I added this for flavor but it can be substituted with alcohol-free vanilla extract, organic vanilla bean powder, or omitted if you prefer.
Pitaya Powder: I added this ingredient to give the energy balls a little extra nutrition boost, but since it doesn't affect the flavor, you can omit it.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (18) balls. Nutritional information is calculated for (1) ball which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Ball Recipes?
Check out these:
- Cacao and Walnut Holiday Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookie Dough Balls
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook - with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan Healthy Triple Seed Energy Balls
For the balls:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup organic sunflower butter
- 1/4 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the add-in:
- 2 tablespoons organic pitaya powder
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then set aside.
Prepare the balls:
- Add all ingredients for the balls to a food processor and process until it becomes a sticky, crumbly mixture.
Add the add-in:
- Add the pitaya powder add-in and process again until it is well combined into the mixture, but taking care to not overprocess.
- Take out a spoonful of the mixture out at a time, squeeze it tightly in your fist, then roll into a ball shape.
- To firm the balls, place them on a plate lined with parchment paper and transfer to the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.