This Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn will definitely get you in the mood for Fall!
It’s a basic caramel popcorn recipe, veganized, with added organic pumpkin spice to make it the only popcorn you will want to make this season as the leaves begin to fall off the trees.
In case you are in the mood for something else, I have a another clean popcorn recipe to try, my Cacao Drizzle Holiday Popcorn and have another one I will be posting soon for the upcoming holidays.
Making homemade popcorn is so much healthier, easier, and less messy, than making the greasy “microwave popcorn in a bag”. Since I don’t use a microwave, I have an inexpensive air-popper that we use and it doesn’t need any oil or anything – just add the organic popcorn kernels and turn in on. No mess.
And it doesn’t really save any time by making it in the microwave because the air-popper takes less than 2 minutes and you can add whatever clean toppings and seasonings you like.
Homemade caramel popcorn recipes usually contain ingredients like butter and corn syrup.
Store-bought popcorn can contain ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Act II Caramel Corn Popcorn
Ingredients: Popcorn, Soybeans Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Salt, Brown Sugar, Corn Syrup, Margarine (Soybeans Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Cottonseed Oil Partially Hydrogenated, Water, Mono and Diglycerides, Whey, Soy Lecithin, Flavors and Color Artificial, Vitamin A Palmitate), Flavors Artificial, Soy Lecithin.
The main problem when buying a S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) product like this, other than the horrible, highly processed ingredient list, is when you buy non-organic popcorn, you are buying GMO popcorn (unless it’s Non-GMO Project Verified). Corn grain can contain up to 15 different pesticides. However, in this particular product, the GMO popcorn is the least of your worries when there are at least 5 other GMO corn and soybean ingredients, artificial flavors, color and…margarine?!
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Healthy Peanut Butter Cups, Gluten-Free Vegan Salted Pistachio and Cranberry Chocolate Bark, Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls or my Clean Eating Cookbook with and 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating dessert recipes just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn
Yield 7 cups
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Nut-Free / No Refined Sugar
For the popcorn:
- 7 cups organic sprouted popcorn
For the caramel coating:
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
Prepare the popcorn:
- Prepare the popcorn according to your machines direction. Remove as many of the uncooked kernels as possible. Note: 1/4 cup of uncooked popcorn kernels = 7 cups cooked popcorn using an air popper. Set aside.
Prepare the caramel coating:
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, vegan butter and vanilla extract to a small sauce pan and stir together on medium heat until everything is well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring once, halfway through.
- Remove from heat and add the pumpkin pie spice, Himalayan pink salt and baking soda. Stir quickly until it turns from a liquid texture to a foam-type texture. The mixture will be extremely hot, so take care while handling it.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and quickly stir it to make sure all pieces are covered. It will begin to get very thick as it cools, so you will need to do this step quickly.
- Transfer the coated popcorn to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, tossing the popcorn around halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Store in an air-tight, BPA-free container.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for your support of this website!