This quick and simple Gluten-Free Vegan Raw Apple Pie Tart is a healthy apple pie make-over and because you don’t have to bake it, it’s ready under 15 minutes!
There’s no need to give up your love for traditional pies and tarts just because they have a flour, egg and butter crust and a filling that is usually sweetened with white sugar or high fructose corn syrup – because I’ve got you covered!
In addition to this Gluten-Free Vegan Raw Apple Pie Tart, I also did a cherry pie makeover with this Clean Eating Vegan Cherry Tart and a pecan pie makeover with this Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Pie Bars recipe, both of which are no-bake, raw desserts.
In this recipe, the apple filling made with finely diced red apples and medjool dates and the raw crust is made with walnuts and naturally sweetened with medjool dates. You can make it even more special by topping it with either this Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping recipe or my Pumpkin Spice Mousse recipe.
So if you enjoy the taste of fresh apple pie, now you can enjoy the sweet apple flavor without ingredients like these:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Homemade Apple Pie Ingredients:
Typical Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups white flour, white sugar, 14 tablespoons + 1/4 cup butter, 2 eggs, 1 cup white sugar
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) McDonald’s Apple Pie Ingredients:
Ingredients: Apples (Apples, Salt, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid), Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Palm Oil, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% or Less: Modified Food Starch, Sorbitol, Dextrose, Brown Sugar, Yeast, Salt, Cinnamon, Apple Powder (Dehydrated Apples, Citric Acid), Sodium Alginate, Spice, Trisodium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Hydroxylated Soy Lecithin, Yeast Extract, Enzyme, L-Cysteine, Color (Annatto, Turmeric, Beta Carotene, Caramel Color).
This healthier version is made with real food ingredients and is organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, flourless, grain-free, lectin-free, no-bake, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding Tarts, Raw Vegan Chocolate Fudge Caramel Hearts, Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cheesecake or my Clean Eating Cookbook with 3 entire chapters of healthy, clean eating desserts just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Apples:*
- rich in anti-oxidants
- good source of B complex vitamins
- helps to reduce cholesterol
- 1 apple contains 17.4% RDA of fiber
- helps to regulate blood sugar
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in vitamin C
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Cinnamon:*
- contains anti-inflammatory properties
- helps to control blood sugar
- excellent source of manganese and iron
- can help to lower bad cholesterol
- aids in eliminating migraine headaches
5 Fast Facts About Vanilla Bean Powder:*
- high in anti-oxidants
- can help reduce inflammation
- contains small traces of minerals
- 1 tablespoon contains 2 g of fiber
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free Vegan Raw Apple Pie Tart
Yield 4 tarts
Raw / Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Egg-Free / Grain-Free / Lectin-Free / Flourless / Paleo-Friendly / No Refined Sugar
For the apple filling:
- 4 small organic red apples
- 1 cup organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the crust:
Prepare the crust:
- Add all the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and process until it's a sticky, crumbly texture.
- Divide the crust mixture between (4) 4-inch tart dishes and press it down firmly on the bottom and around the sides of the dishes.
- Set aside.
Prepare the apple filling:
- Add all the ingredients for the apple filling to a food processor and pulse until the dates and apples are diced into tiny pieces, but taking care not to over process.
- Divide the apple filling equally between the (4) tart dishes.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Get all your organic ingredients delivered straight to your door at up to 25 - 50% off retail by cutting out the middleman and retail markups with a Thrive Market Membership and save 15% off on your first order.
The recipe and photographs for "Gluten-Free Vegan Raw Apple Pie Tart" by Karielyn Tillman of The Healthy Family and Home website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 4.0 International License and cannot be used without my written permission.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for your support of this website!