This light and fluffy plant-based Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse is an easy recipe to make in less than 5 minutes using only 3 clean, real food ingredients! It’s the perfect healthy topping for all your Fall pumpkin recipes and it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, lectin-free, keto-friendly, paleo-friendly and Medical Medium compliant!
If you are looking for a quick pumpkin spice dessert that’s ready in less than 5 minutes, then my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse is just for you!
The BEST Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse
What is the secret to making The BEST Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse in less than 5 minutes?
The secret is to always keep a can of organic full-fat coconut milk in the back of your refrigerator at all times!
Even though this easy recipe takes only 5 minutes to make, you will need to have a can of full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated for at least 12-24 hours ahead of time.
Why is this a great tip?
Because you can make light and fluffy mousse recipes like my Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mousse, Vegan Lemon Mousse Tarts, Clean Eating Vegan Strawberry Mousse or Clean Eating Banana Split Mousse at a moments notice.
And all of my vegan mousse recipes are made with a can of chilled full-fat coconut milk.
But don’t worry, if you don’t have a can ready to use for this recipe.
Just get one or two cans in the refrigerator asap and you’ll be ready for next time!
This simple recipe is organic, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, paleo-friendly, keto-friendly + lectin-free (with substitutions), contains no refined sugar and Medical Medium compliant.
How To Make The BEST Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse: Step-by-Step Instructions
I’ll show you how easy it is to make this delicious plant-based mousse recipe with just 3 clean, real food ingredients with step-by-step instructions below:
Step 1: Prepare the Coconut Milk
Firstly, you will need to prepare the coconut milk in advance before making this recipe.
Simply add a can of full-fat coconut milk in the back of your refrigerator to harden for at least 12-24 hours.
Step 2: Prepare the Mousse
Secondly, once the coconut milk is ready, remove the lid with a can opener.
Using a spoon, remove the solid top layer (coconut fat) and add it to the bowl of a stand mixer.
Save the liquid bottom layer (coconut water) to add to a smoothie.
Add the remaining ingredient for the mousse to the mixer bowl and mix on HIGH speed until it turns into a fluffy mousse and is thick enough to “peak”.
Taste and adjust the sweetener and/or pumpkin spice to your preference.
Step 3: Storage
Lastly, serve the mousse immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight BPA-free container until ready to serve.
If it’s left out at room temperature, it will get soft and runny.
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions for The BEST Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse
Coconut Milk. The type of coconut milk you use can make or break this recipe. Therefore, here’s a couple of quick tips to ensure your recipe is a success:
- Type of coconut milk: It should be “canned” coconut milk and not boxed. In addition, it should be “full-fat” coconut milk and not “reduced-fat” coconut milk.
- The temperature of coconut milk: The ideal consistency of the coconut milk is achieved by placing it in the back of the refrigerator overnight. The contents of the coconut milk will separate into two parts: liquid (coconut water) and solid (coconut fat). The solid coconut fat is what you need to make this recipe. If it’s not “solid”, the mousse will be too watery and not “peak”.
- Separating the coconut milk: Once you take the can of coconut milk from the refrigerator, you’ll need to separate it. Remove the lid with a can opener. Using a spoon, remove the solid part (coconut fat) and place it in the mixer bowl. Save the remaining liquid part (coconut water) to use in a smoothie.
Time Saver Tip: Keep 1-2 cans of coconut milk in the back of the refrigerator at all times. For example, this will ensure you will always have a can ready at a moments notice.
Granular Sweetener. There are a couple of different sweetener options you can use in this recipe:
- Organic 100% Vegan Cane Sugar: This brand of organic cane sugar does not contain animal bone char and is 100% vegan.
- Xylitol or Xylitol + Stevia Blend: This is an excellent option to make the recipe keto-friendly or lectin-free compliant.
Pumpkin Spice. You can use your favorite pumpkin spice and adjust the amount to your preference. I like to use this high-quality organic brand when using pumpkin spice.
Stand Mixer. I’ve always made this recipe with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer but you can also use a hand mixer. The key is to get the mousse light and fluffy so it “peaks”.
Want More Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter Cups
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rice Crispy Treats
- Chocolate Marbled Swirl Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mousse
- 1 organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5-ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons organic unrefined cane sugar*
- 1-2 teaspoons organic pumpkin spice
- Add a can of organic full-fat coconut milk to the back of your refrigerator for at least 12-24 hours before making this recipe.
Prepare the mousse:
- Once the coconut milk has been refrigerated at least 12-24 hours, scoop out the hardened "fat" part of the coconut milk from the top half of the can. The bottom half will be "liquid" and you can save this part to add to a smoothie.
- Add the hardened coconut fat, granular sweetener and pumpkin spice to a stand mixer and mix on high speed until it turns into a fluffy mousse and thick enough to "peak".
- Taste and adjust the sweetener and/or pumpkin spice to your preference.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight BPA-free container until ready to serve because it will get soft if left out at room temperature.