If you are looking for a nutrient-dense snack that will give you energy as well as keep you satisfied, these Nuttzo Chocolate Nut and Seed Balls are perfect!
They contain almost every healthy nut and seed known to man and making them is as easy as putting all the ingredients in a bowl and stirring it up.
And don’t worry if you don’t have every single ingredient in the recipe…just use whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand.
Instead of making my own nut butter for this recipe, I decided to use the Nuttzo Choco Spread, which is an organic nut butter loaded with peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, brazil nuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and 70% dark chocolate.
One of the good things about the spread is it contains 650 mg of ALA Omega-3 per serving.
Plus, you have all the healthy fats and nutrients from the added nuts and seeds in the recipe too!
So this is an easy recipe that’s fun to make with your little ones and can be kept in the refrigerator for whenever you need a quick bite of energy.
And they’re organic, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, no-bake and contain no refined sugar!
Want more healthy truffle and ball recipes? Check out Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookie Dough Balls, Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls, Crispy Cashew Butter Energy Balls or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating truffle and ball recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids (700% more than salmon)
- easily digestible form of protein
- more antioxidants than flax seeds or blueberries
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
5 Fast Facts About Sunflower Seeds:
- rich source of vitamin E
- finest source of B complex group vitamins
- incredible source of folic acid
- rich in magnesium
- provides anti-inflammatory benefits
5 Fast Facts About Cashews:
- packed with dietary fiber
- rich in “heart friendly” monosaturated fatty acids
- rich source of minerals
- high in magnesium and copper
- contains antioxidants
5 Fast Facts About Pumpkin Seeds:
- a natural anti-inflammatory
- excellent source of magnesium
- helps to lower cholesterol
- alkaline forming
- high in essential fatty acids
5 Fast Facts About Flax Seeds:
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- contains soluble and insoluble fiber
- super high in lignans
- provides antioxidant & anti-inflammatory benefits
- provides cardiovascular benefits
5 Fast Facts About Sesame Seeds:
- high in calcium
- lowers cholesterol
- reduced inflammation
- high in phytosterol
5 Fast Facts About Oats:*
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.