Gluten-Free Vegan Nuttzo Chocolate Nut and Seed Energy Balls
If you are looking for a nutrient-dense snack that will give you energy as well as keep you satisfied, these Gluten-Free Vegan Nuttzo Chocolate Nut and Seed Energy Balls are perfect!
They contain almost every healthy nut and seed known to man and making them is as easy as putting all the ingredients in a bowl and stirring it up.
And don't worry if you don't have every single ingredient in the recipe...just use whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand.
Instead of making my own nut butter for this recipe, I decided to use the Nuttzo Choco Spread, which is an organic nut butter loaded with peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, brazil nuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and 70% dark chocolate.
One of the good things about the spread is it contains 650 mg of ALA Omega-3 per serving.
Plus, you have all the healthy fats and nutrients from the added nuts and seeds in the recipe too!
So this is an easy recipe that's fun to make with your little ones and can be kept in the refrigerator for whenever you need a quick bite of energy.
And they're organic, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, no-bake and contain no refined sugar!
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Energy Ball Recipes?
Check out these:
- Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookie Dough Balls
- Vanilla Bean Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Crispy Cashew Butter Energy Balls
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake desserts made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Nuttzo Chocolate Nut and Seed Balls
- 1 1/2 cup organic gluten-free quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Nuttzo Choco Nut Butter
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic raw cashews
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic flax seeds
- 1/4 cup organic sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup organic sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup organic chia seeds
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Gently stir until well combined and all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Scoop out by the spoonful and roll in the palm of your hands to make a ball shape.
- Place each ball onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Transfer the cookie sheet to the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes, or until firm.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.