My ORIGINAL Raw Vegan Mock "Chicken" Salad recipe is so easy to make using a creamy vegan dressing, fresh vegetables, and herbs and is ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes. It's a plant-based meal made without chickpeas, eggs, soy, tofu or processed vegan mayonnaise!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Made with fresh, flavorful ingredients - there are two parts to this recipe. First, the creamy vegan dressing made with cashews, lemon juice, and dill for a tangy flavor that replaces mayonnaise. Second, a colorful vegetable medley made with carrots, broccoli, onions, and jalapeno.
- Ready in about 10 minutes - just add everything to a food processor and it's ready to go!
- It contains no processed vegan ingredients - even though my recipe dates back to 2012, I've seen lots of other vegan "chicken" salad recipes out there lately, but most of them contain less than healthy or processed ingredients.
For example, some of these processed ingredients include: "vegan chicken strips", "vegan mayonnaise", and "vegan tofu".
My raw vegan mock "chicken" salad recipe contains real food and doesn't rely on any processed ingredients.
It does not contain:
- processed vegan mayonnaise
- processed vegan "chicken"
You can enjoy this recipe as a sandwich on gluten-free bread, in a grain-free wrap, gluten-free crackers, or in a nori or romaine lettuce wrap for a 100% raw vegan meal.
It's a healthy, clean eating recipe made with real food ingredients that you can feel good about and is plant-based, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, oil-free, paleo-friendly, and Medical Medium® compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-By-Step Instructions
You'll love how easy my raw vegan mock "chicken" salad comes together with clean, real food ingredients using a food processor and a Vitamix to have it ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes.
Step 1: Prepare The Dressing
Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a Vitamix and blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
You can adjust the seasonings to your preference. Set it aside while you prepare the veggie mixture.
Step 2: Prepare The Vegetable Mixture
In this step, you'll add the fresh veggies to a food processor and pulse them until they are broken down into small pieces.
You don't want to fully process the mixture or over-process it, but just enough to chop the veggies.
Step 3: Combine Everything Together
Now you will transfer the veggie mixture from the food processor into a medium-sized mixing bowl and then add the dressing mixture from the Vitamix.
Stir everything together until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
You may want to taste it one more time to see if you need to adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Now it's ready to serve as a sandwich, as a dip, in a wrap, or even just by itself!
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Cashews: It's best to use "raw" cashews instead of "roasted" or "salted" cashews.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice will give the best flavor and nutrients since it hasn't been pasteurized, but it can be substituted with store-bought organic lemon juice.
Garlic: Freshly crushed garlic will give the best flavor and nutrients, but it could be substituted with organic ground garlic.
Green Onions: Also known as "scallions" were added to give the dressing extra flavor but they could be omitted if you don't have any or don't like them.
Dill Weed: You can use fresh or dried organic dill weed.
Red Bell Pepper: This could be substituted with orange or yellow bell pepper.
Carrot: Cut the carrot into quartered pieces before adding it to the food processor to help it process easier.
Broccoli Florets: Don't worry about cutting these too precisely because they will get added to the food processor to be chopped. Just make sure they are small enough before adding to the food processor to help it process easier.
Red Onion: I like to use red onion for its color, but feel free to use your favorite onion variety. Again, the onion doesn't need to be diced but cut into smaller pieces before adding to the food processor for easy processing.
Jalapeno: Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of jalapeno. It can also be omitted if you don't like spicy foods or will be serving this dish to children.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Vegan Recipes?
Check out these:
- Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing,
- Watermelon Salad with Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette
- Red Quinoa and Mango Salad with Lime Dressing
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with over 75+ plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! : )
The ORIGINAL Raw Vegan Mock "Chicken" Salad
For the dressing:
- 2 cups organic raw cashews
- 5 tablespoons organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2-7 tablespoons water (filtered/purified) (add only as needed)
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic green onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon organic dill weed (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the vegetable mixture:
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 cup organic broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup organic red onion
- 1 organic jalapeno
Prepare the dressing:
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a Vitamix and blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Start with 2-4 tablespoons of filtered/purified water and check the consistency. Add (1) extra tablespoon of water at a time, but only as needed. You want the dressing to be not too thin and not too thick.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference, then set aside.
Prepare the vegetable mixture:
- Add all the ingredients for the vegetable mixture to a food processor and pulse until the veggies are broken down into small pieces. Take care to not over process.
- Add the vegetable mixture and dressing to a medium-size mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Serve as a sandwich on gluten-free bread, as a wrap, a dip or enjoy it by itself.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan (with a heavy focus on Medical Medium® compliant) and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.