This Gluten-Free Vegan Watermelon Salad with Vinaigrette is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's the perfect plant-based salad made with fresh ingredients and is ready to enjoy in under 10 minutes!
Gluten-Free Vegan Watermelon Salad and Vinaigrette
Here's why this recipe works - my top 3 reasons:
- Serving size can be adjusted
- Ready in under 10 minutes
- Made with clean, real food ingredients
Serving Size Can Be Adjusted
One great feature of this recipe is the Watermelon Vinaigrette makes about (2) cups, so you have enough dressing for multiple salads.
The salad part of the recipe is enough for (2) small servings, so you can make bigger or more salads without having to increase the vinaigrette ingredients.
And, the extra vinaigrette is perfect to save for a salad the next day!
Ready In Under 10 Minutes
You'll love how you can prepare both the salad and vinaigrette in under 10 minutes for a quick lunch.
For example, the vinaigrette can be made in a matter of minutes by adding all the ingredients to a Vitamix and blending.
Next, just divide the salad greens and cubed watermelon onto your serving dishes, then drizzle the vinaigrette and sprinkle on the toppings - that's it!
Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
Summer brings us juicy, red watermelon and one of my favorite things to make with it is this easy plant-based salad.
It's a light salad with a light vinaigrette but has lots of nutrients from the hemp seeds, chia seeds, and walnuts I used for the toppings.
Some of the other clean, real food ingredients I used were fresh mixed greens, watermelon, avocado oil, dates, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and Himalayan pink salt.
My healthy plant-based salad and dressing are both raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly and contain no refined sugar!
Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Salad Greens. I used an organic "Deep Green - Power" salad blend by Earthbound Farms which contains baby kale, chard, and spinach and it was perfect for this salad. However, feel free to use your favorite salad greens for this recipe.
Avocado Oil. Can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size. This recipe will make approximately (2) small salads, but if you need a bigger one or more servings, just increase the number of mixed greens, watermelon, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and walnuts. The vinaigrette recipe will make approximately (2) cups so you will have plenty of extra to use or save for later.
Toppings. I added the hemp seeds, chia seeds, and walnuts as a topping for extra nutrition, but feel free to omit one or all or even substitute with something else if you prefer.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Salad Recipes?
Check out these:
- Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing
- Wilted Kale Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Roasted Artichoke Salad with Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 72 plant-based recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Gluten-Free Vegan Watermelon Salad with Watermelon Vinaigrette
For the salad:
- 4 handfuls organic mixed greens
- 1 cup organic watermelon (diced into cubes)
For the toppings:
- 2 teaspoon organic hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoon organic chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon organic walnuts (chopped)
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 cups organic watermelon (large chunks)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 organic Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
Prepare the vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients for the vinaigrette into a Vitamix and blend until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Divide the salad greens and watermelon cubes between two serving dishes.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad then sprinkle the hemp seeds, chia seeds and walnut on top.
- Store the extra vinaigrette in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator and stir before using because it will separate.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.