This Gluten-Free Vegan Red Quinoa and Mango Salad with Lime Dressing is a nice combination of sweet, tangy and a little spicy with lots of healthy vegan protein that makes a very satisfying meal.
There is so much goodness going on in this salad I just don't know where to begin...it's like a flavor fiesta in a bowl!
I've got tomatoes, red onions, jalapenos, cilantro, avocados, black beans and corn all tossed in a spicy lime vinaigrette, then all that is tossed with quinoa for a quick and healthy meal.
What I like most about this recipe is it is very versatile and you could add, exclude or change any of the ingredients into your favorite combination of flavors.
You can even save time by pre-cooking your quinoa or even using leftovers. All you have left to do is add everything else into a large bowl, mix up your dressing and toss everything together.
And, you can even make this into a more filling meal by adding it in a tortilla (gluten-free, if needed) or romaine lettuce and making a wrap with it.
This healthy meal is made with clean, real food ingredients and is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and nut-free.
Want more healthy salad recipes? Check out Vegan Roasted Artichoke Salad with Sesame Seed Vinaigrette, Vegan Roasted Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Lime Dressing, Watermelon Basil Salad with Fresh Basil Vinaigrette or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating salad recipes just like this one that you will love!
Tip #1: You can use any variety of quinoa for this recipe.
Tip #2: You can add or omit any of the veggies or ingredients to your liking.
Tip #3: It's best if you can dice the veggies in small pieces so their flavors don't overpower each other.
Tip #4: Important: Corn is one of the top GMO crops being produced today. Please make sure the corn you use is organic to avoid GMO's.
Gluten-Free Vegan Red Quinoa and Mango Salad with Lime Dressing
Yield 4 servings
Vegan / Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free / Nut-Free
- 2 cups cooked organic quinoa
- 1 can organic black beans (15 ounce can, rinsed + drained)
- 1 can organic corn (15 ounce can, drained)
For the vegetable mixture:
- 1 cup organic tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup organic mango (diced)
- 1 organic avocado (diced)
- 1 cup organic fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup organic red onions (diced)
- 1 organic jalapeno (diced)
For the lime dressing:
- 4 tablespoons organic lime juice
- 4 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon organic chili powder
Prepare the quinoa:
- Prepare/cook the quinoa according to your preferred method or package instructions. You will need (2) cups of cooked quinoa for this recipe.
Prepare the vegetable mixture:
- While the quinoa is cooking, prep the veggies (dice the tomatoes, onions, avocado, jalapeno and mango and chop the cilantro).
- Add the prepped veggies to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Prepare the lime dressing:
- While the quinoa is cooking, add all the ingredients for the lime dressing to a small bowl and mix together until everything is well combined. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Set aside.
- When the quinoa is ready, add (2) cups to the large mixing bowl with the vegetable mixture.
- Add the entire can of black beans (drained and rinsed) and corn (drained).
- Add the lime dressing and gently toss everything together until it's well combined.
- Adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.