This Clean Eating Raw Walnut Fudge has to be the most easy raw dessert recipe I have ever made using only 5 clean ingredients.
It seriously takes longer to get all the ingredients out than it did to make it.
You basically put everything in a bowl, stir it and put it in the freezer to harden.
And it almost melts in your mouth it’s so silky smooth and it has a nice glossy look to it.
Here are some typical ingredients in a traditional fudge recipe:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Fudge Recipe Ingredients:
Typical Ingredients: 2 3/4 cups sugar, 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, 3 tablespoons butter, 1 cup half-and-half, 1 tablespoon corn syrup, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 cup chopped roasted nuts
It normally contains a lot of refined, white sugar. And, butter and dairy, making it non-vegan. Plus, you have to heat, cook, boil, use a candy thermometer, etc.
This healthier version is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, no-bake, paleo-friendly, lectin-free and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out my Healthy Holiday Fudge, Pumpkin and Pecan Fudge, Chocolate Mint Fudge or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating recipes just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and antibacterial agents
- improves metabolism and prevents fatigue
- improves cholesterol levels
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:*
- contains over 300 different compounds including protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron
- super high in antioxidants that promotes cardiovascular health
- contains 4 different neurotransmitters that act as natural anti-depressant
- contains essential fats
- can help to decrease blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:*
- contains manganese and zinc
- super high in anti-oxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Walnuts:*
- high quality vegan protein
- rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- high in antioxidants
- high in Vitamin E
- improves blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Butter):*
- excellent source of heart healthy fats
- rich in antioxidants
- helps control blood sugar
- high in magnesium, iron, zinc and copper
- helps lower blood pressure
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: Make sure you keep the fudge in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve because it will become soft and lose it’s shape if left out at room temperature.
Tip #2: If you didn’t need the recipe to be 100% vegan, you can substitute the maple syrup with organic raw honey or another liquid sweetener like brown rice syrup or raw coconut nectar.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.