This Blueberry Acai Protein Smoothie Bowl is a healthy way to start your day with fresh fruit and lots of powerful antioxidants like blueberries and acai.
It can be made in a matter of minutes with a Vitamix or other blender and you can customize the toppings to your favorite fruits or whatever you have on hand.
I really like using the Sambazon frozen smoothie packs because they have 0 grams of sugar and are a good source of healthy omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 fats.
You can find them in the frozen food section at Whole Foods but if you don’t have access to a Whole Foods you could also try using the acai powder to get the benefits of the acai berry.
Want more recipes using the acai berry superfood? Check out Classic Acai Bowl, Acai Berry and Banana Mini Cheesecakes, Acai Berry and Banana Immunity Smoothie or my Clean Eating eCookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating smoothie recipes you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Acai:*
- super high in anti-oxidants
- rich in healthy omega-6 and omega-9 fats
- 1 teaspoon contains 15% DV of vitamin C
- 1 teaspoon contains 4% DV of vitamin A
- good source of B vitamins and minerals
5 Fast Facts About Blueberries:*
- packed with vitamin C at 25% RDA
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- high in anti-oxidants
- help to boost immunity
- can enhance brain health and improve memory
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Milk):*
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Epic Plant-Based Protein:*
- organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO
- contains 19 grams of ultra-clean plant-based protein per serving
- one serving contains 10% iron
- contains 7 organic superfoods
- multi-source protein with a complete amino acid profile
5 Fast Facts About Medjool Dates:*
- natural energy booster
- high in iron content
- rich in potassium
- good source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Bananas:*
- high levels of trytophan to help combat depression
- aids in weight loss
- strengthens the immune system
- high in fiber and potassium
- helps to lower blood pressure
5 Fast Facts About Strawberries:*
- loaded with anti-oxidants
- contains anti-inflammatory benefits
- contains 21% RDA of manganese
- helps fight cancer
- excellent source of vitamin C
5 Fast Facts About Blackberries:*
- 1 cup contains 35% dv of vitamin C
- 1 cup contains 20% dv of fiber
- excellent source of anti-oxidants
- contains anti-cancer properties
- contains 36% dv vitamin K
5 Fast Facts About Hemp Seeds:*
- healthy inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats
- contains 10 essential amino acids
- contains 11 g of raw vegan protein
- helps to reduce blood cholesterol
- natural appetite suppressant
*These statements have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tip #1: I used fresh, organic bananas, strawberries, blackberries and hemp seeds to add on top of my smoothie bowl, but feel free to use your favorite fruit or berries or whatever you have on hand.
Tip #2: My favorite raw/vegan plant-based protein powder is Epic Plant-Based Protein (Vanilla Lucuma), but feel free to use your favorite brand (5 tablespoon).
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Amazon Disclosure: “The Healthy Family and Home” website is a participant in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.