This Gluten-Free Vegan Greek Salad is an easy and healthy recipe made with clean, real food ingredients. It's ready in under 10 minutes, is dairy-free, soy-free, and made without processed vegan tofu!
Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- One-Bowl Recipe - Simply prep the veggies then toss everything together in a large mixing bowl making clean up a breeze!
- Ready In Under 10 Minutes - The longest part of making this recipe is prepping the veggies which take only a few minutes.
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients - Nutrient-dense and healthy ingredients such as romaine lettuce, kalamata + green olives, artichokes, cherry tomatoes, red onions, balsamic vinegar, avocado oil, ground black pepper, and Himalayan pink salt.
Although traditional Greek Salad recipes call for feta cheese, and many vegan greek salads contain processed tofu "feta cheese", you won't miss it in this recipe with the tangy olives and balsamic vinegar dressing.
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, tofu-free, nut-free, and paleo-friendly.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you with step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Prep The Veggies
Firstly, prepare the veggies:
- Romaine Lettuce - chop or tear into bite-size pieces
- Kalamata + Green Olives - cut each one in half
- Artichokes - cut each one into four pieces (quartered)
- Cherry Tomatoes - cut each one in half
- Red Onion - slice into thin strips
Step 2: Mix Everything Together
Secondly, add the prepped veggies and all ingredients for the dressing to a large mixing bowl.
Gently toss everything together until all ingredients are well combined and evenly distributed.
Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Step 3: Store Leftover Dressing
Lastly, if you have any leftover dressing, store it in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Veggies: There are no right or wrong amount of veggies to add to this salad, so feel free to adjust the amounts to your preference. For example, if you really like onions, add extra onions. If you don't like green olives, omit or reduce the amount.
Romaine Lettuce: You can substitute with your favorite greens, such as chopped baby spinach, arugula, spring mix, etc.
Cherry Tomatoes: I used these because they are easier to cut into small pieces, but you could use your favorite variety, such as Roma tomatoes.
Kalamata Olives + Green Olives: You can just one variety of olives or use a combination of kalamata, green, or even black olives.
Red Onion: Can be substituted with your favorite onion variety. I do not recommend a sweet onion since this is a savory recipe.
Avocado Oil: Can be substituted with organic extra-virgin olive oil in the same amount.
Ground Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper will give the best taste but you can always use regular pre-ground black pepper.
Himalayan Pink Salt: This is my salt of preference, however, it can always be substituted with sea salt.
Serving Size: This recipe will make approximately (2) salads. Nutritional information is for 1 1/2 cups which is (1) serving.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based Salad Recipes?
Check out these:
- Blueberry Mango Salad with Tahini Ginger Dressing
- Watermelon Salad with Clean Eating Watermelon Vinaigrette
- Wilted Kale Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- or my CLEAN EATING Cookbook with 75+ plant-based vegan + gluten-free recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! 🙂
Gluten-Free Vegan No-Tofu Greek Salad
For the salad:
- 3 cups organic romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup organic artichokes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup organic kalamata olives (halved)
- 1/4 cup organic green olives (halved)
- 2 tablespoons organic red onion (sliced thin)
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons 100% pure avocado oil
- 2 pinches organic ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
Prepare the dressing:
- Add all ingredients for the dressing to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Prep the veggies:
- Prepare the veggies by chopping the romaine lettuce and cutting the olives, artichokes, cherry tomatoes, and onion.
- Transfer the veggies to the mixing bowl with the dressing and gently toss until the dressing is evenly distributed and everything is well combined.
- Divide the salad between two serving dishes and garnish with extra ground black pepper.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.