Here's Why This Recipe Works
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- It's A Healthy, No-Cook Holiday Dessert
- Can Be Prepared In Under 10 Minutes
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You can feel good about making my healthy, plant-based recipe because it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, no-cook, paleo-friendly, and contains no refined sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Expect From This Recipe?
These Dark Chocolate Cups with Pistachios and Goji Berries are made with only 6 clean ingredients, then topped with ground goji berries and pistachio nuts.
It only takes less than 10 minutes to prepare them and another 30 minutes or so for them to harden in your freezer.
Goji berries and pistachios are my go-to toppings during the Christmas season because of their bright, colorful reddish and green colors.
It adds a festive and fun topping without having to use artificially colored food sprinkles.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
In my opinion, yes!
For example, here's an ingredient list for store-bought processed food sprinkles and chocolate bars:
- S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Dove Dark Chocolate Bar Ingredients: Chocolate Semi-Sweet (Sugar, Chocolate Processed With Alkali, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Natural, and Artificial Flavors)
- S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Wilton Red and White Sparkling Sprinkles Ingredients: Sugar, Confectioner's Glaze, Red 40 Lake, Carnauba Wax, Red 40
- S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Wilton Dark Green Sugar Sprinkles Ingredients: Sugar, Confectionery Glaze, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Carnauba Wax
Traditional store-bought chocolates and sprinkles are highly processed and contain refined GMO sugar, GMO soy, GMO dairy, artificial flavors, and food colorings.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Tip #1: I used the paper mini-muffin cups to make these and it made 6 mini-cups. If you need more or want to use the standard-sized muffin cups, just double or triple the recipe.
Tip #2: I used just a handful of both goji berries and pistachios for the topping and had a little leftover of both. Just use the extra need as a topping or add-in the next time you make a smoothie!
Tip #3: I used a coffee grinder to grind up both the goji berries and pistachios. Just take care to not over process them.
Want More Healthy Plant-Based No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- Raw Snickers Bars
- Strawberry Cream Truffles
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! : )
Dark Chocolate Fudge Cups with Pistachios and Goji Berries
- 2 cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup organic coconut cream
- 1/4 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Set aside a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and either mini muffin cups or a silicone candy mold.
- Add all ingredients to a medium-size saucepan and melt on the lowest heat until it's creamy and smooth, stirring the entire time and taking care to not let it burn.
- Transfer and divide the mixture evenly between the mini muffin cups or silicone candy mold.
- Place the mini muffin cups or silicone candy mold onto the prepared cookie sheet in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 5-7 days.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.