This healthy plant-based Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Pie Chia Seed Pudding is an easy recipe to make with clean, real food ingredients and it can be prepared in under 10 minutes. It's the perfect combination of naturally sweetened apple pie with dairy-free chia pudding!
Here's Why This Recipe Work
My top 3 favorite reasons:
- Triple-Layers No-Bake Dessert
- Perfect For Meal Prep
- Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
Triple-Layered No-Bake Dessert
If you love chia pudding and apple pie, my chia pudding recipe is just what you're looking for!
My healthy plant-based no-bake dessert has three luscious layers:
- Pecan Layer
- Chia Seed Layer
- Apple + Date Mixture
It has the flavors of apple pie, but extra nutritional benefits from the chia pudding!
Perfect For Meal Prep
You can easily meal prep this recipe ahead of time for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
For example, you can make the chia pudding the day before and add the apple + date mixture the next day.
Or, you can make both the day before and have it waiting to enjoy at a moment's notice!
Made With Clean, Real Food Ingredients
You'll love how my recipe is made with just a few clean, real food ingredients.
For example, non-dairy milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, apples, dates, and pecans.
They are easily accessible and you may already have them on hand!
My healthy chia seed pudding recipe is plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly, contains no refined sugar, and Medical Medium® compliant.
How To Make This Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
Here is how to make this recipe and I'll show you will step-by-step instructions below.
Step 1: Prepare The Chia Pudding
Firstly, add the ingredients for the chia pudding to a quart-size mason jar.
Secure the lid on tightly and shake the jar vigorously to mix the ingredients together.
Another alternative is to use a small whisk to whisk the ingredients together.
Place the mason jar in the refrigerator for approximately 60 minutes to firm.
Step 2: Prepare the Apple Pie Mixture
Secondly, add all the ingredients for the apple pie mixture to a food processor.
Process until the dates and apples are broken down into small pieces, taking care to not overprocess.
Step 3: Assembly
Thirdly, you will have enough to make (2) servings using 8-ounce glasses.
Divide the pecans evenly and place them at the bottom of each glass.
Add 1/4 of the chia pudding mixture on top of the pecans in each glass.
Next, add 1/4 of the apple pie mixture on top of the chia pudding in each glass.
Repeat with another layer of chia pudding followed by another layer of apple pie mixture in each glass.
Garnish with extra chopped pecans if you'd like.
Step 4: How To Store The Chia Seed Pudding
Lastly, store the chia pudding in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Karielyn's Expert Tips + Ingredient Substitutions
Here are some of my expert tips to make this recipe perfectly:
Homemade Almond Milk. This is the milk of my preference, however, you can always use your favorite non-dairy milk. Another great option is to use JOI Organic Almond Milk which is made with 100% organic almonds.
Maple Syrup. You can substitute it with another sweetener like organic date syrup or even organic coconut nectar. Feel free to reduce the amount if you'd like as there is plenty of sweetness from the apples and dates.
Pecans. I added these to give the chia pudding a crunchy texture, but they can be omitted or replaced with another nut.
Apples. I used two small Gala apples and left the peel on. Cut the apples into wedges before adding them to the food processor.
Dates. My favorite dates to use are the "Medjool" variety, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Don't forget to remove the pits before adding them to your food processor.
Vanilla Extract. If you need this recipe to be 100% Medical Medium compliant, substitute the organic pure vanilla extract with alcohol-free vanilla extract.
Himalayan Pink Salt. This is my salt of preference, but you can always substitute it with sea salt.
Glass Mason Jar. You don't have to use a glass mason jar to make this recipe. However, I like them because they're glass (no plastic!) and have an air-tight lid. If you don't have one, you can use a regular mixing bowl and use a whisk to whisk the ingredients together.
Want More Healthy Vegan No-Bake Dessert Recipes?
Check out these:
- Crispy Pumpkin Spice Squares
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- No-Bake Brownie Bottom Turtle Cheesecake
- or my CLEAN DESSERTS Cookbook with 72 plant-based vegan + gluten-free no-bake dessert recipes made with clean, real food ingredients just like this one that you will love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please give it a rating and leave a comment below...it would make my day! : )
Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Pie Chia Seed Pudding
For the chia pudding layer:
- 2 cups homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
For the apple pie layer:
- 2 small organic apples
- 1/2 cup organic Medjool dates (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract*
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the pecan layer:
- 1/4 cup organic pecans (chopped)
Prepare the chia pudding:
- Add all ingredients for the chia pudding to a quart-sized glass mason jar and seal it tightly.
- Vigorously shake or whisk the ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Place the mason jar in the refrigerator for approximately 60 minutes to allow the chia pudding to firm.
Prepare the apple pie mixture:
- Add all ingredients for the apple pie mixture to a food processor.
- Process until the dates and apples are broken down into small pieces, but taking care to not overprocess.
- Taste and adjust the spices to your preference.
- Divide the chopped pecans between (2) 8-ounce glass and place them at the bottom of the glasses.
- Add 1/4 of the chia pudding mixture to each of the glasses and on top of the pecan layer.
- Add 1/4 of the apple pie mixture to each of the glasses on top of the chia seed pudding mixture.
- Repeat the previous two steps and garnish with chopped pecans.
- Store in an air-tight BPA-free container in the refrigerator.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home™ website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based and Medical Medium® compliant recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.