This Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry and Chia Seed Cobbler is a healthy make-over to the classic comfort food dessert.
It's a thick layer of naturally sweetened wild blueberries and chia seeds topped with a soft, naturally sweetened flourless and vegan crumbly crust.
And, it's perfect piping hot right out of the oven topped with some Homemade Whipped Coconut Cream Topping or even homemade vegan ice cream.
Here are some typical ingredients found in traditional homemade blueberry cobbler:
S.A.D. (Standard American Diet) Traditional Blueberry Cobbler Ingredients:
Typical ingredients: white bleached flour, white refined sugar, butter, milk and eggs.
This healthier version is vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, flourless, dairy-free, egg-free, paleo-friendly and contains no refined sugar.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out Mamma Chia Wild Blueberry Clusters Energy Bites, Flourless Vegan Lemon Blueberry Blender Muffins, Wild Blueberry and Mango Protein Smoothie or my Clean Eating Cookbook with an entire chapter of 20 healthy, clean eating desserts just like this one that you will love!
5 Fast Facts About Almonds (Almond Flour):
- helps to regulate cholesterol and blood pressure
- energy booster
- loaded with calcium and fiber
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of vegan protein
- high in anti-oxidants
5 Fast Facts About Oats (Oat Flour):
- provides significant fiber
- helps control blood sugar levels
- can reduce hypertension and high blood pressure
- increases appetite control hormones
- lowers bad cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Blueberries:*
- packed with vitamin C at 25% RDA
- excellent source of dietary fiber
- high in anti-oxidants
- help to boost immunity
- can enhance brain health and improve memory
5 Fast Facts About Chia Seeds:*
- excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- contains 700% more calcium than salmon
- contains more anti-oxidants than flaxseeds or blueberries
- contains 500% more calcium than milk
- contains 20% easily digestible vegan protein
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:*
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- helps to improve metabolism
- improves cholesterol levels
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, “The Healthy Family and Home” website would receive a small commission.
Hi, I'm Karielyn! I'm the published cookbook author of CLEAN DESSERTS and content creator of The Healthy Family and Home website since 2012. I specialize in creating easy, healthy plant-based recipes that are gluten-free + vegan and made with clean, real food ingredients that you can feel good about eating.